Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Pre test nerves? 87 days Wednesday chris WI
      #162629 - 10/24/05 05:00 PM

long time reader and long time poster. don't know how i pulled it off but i'll be doing my 3 month test wednesday. most of this last month has been hell, but i just ignored and dealt with it. in the last 3 weeks, i've actually lived alittle. it felt good to be honest.

Could i be having pretest nerves? i mean since i've just ignored everything which has helped, today i woke up and the bottom of my tongue was aching, and i see a white spot. my hands and feet are sweating pretty regular also. i should be so past any ARS. but wow, all that life satisfaction i was having is seriously dimenishing. i'm scared, actually petrified.

been told i'm in low incident area, for sure oral and unprotected insertive vaginal. at first i was trying to tell myself i didn't have sex without protection, that i wasn't that stupid, but the image and memory has become so overwhelming. that i have admitted to myself i in fact had.

the worse thing, is that i'll still have to wait a week after i test. which i thought all this waiting was bad. i really wanna enjoy halloween with my kids, and not feel like i'll only be doing it in spirit for them after this.

i better go, the tears are starting again.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
ItsFaith
Legend

Reged: 10/17/05
Nerves and Anxiety are getting the better of you new
      #162660 - 10/24/05 06:51 PM

Chris, your nerves are definetly getting the better of you. Sweating palms and all the other things are most likely brought on by your mind working overtime. Do what you were doing...LIVE.....enjoy halloween, go get candy and eat it and enjoy (thought check it throughly *L*) You are almost there....another week and you will be able to look back on this as a HUGE learning experience. Prayers are with you.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Nerves and Anxiety are getting the better of you new
      #162665 - 10/24/05 07:16 PM

thanks for the reply, the hardest part is waiting for one, seeing a reply for me just takes the edge off and smacks me back into reality!

i'll get through it, i really have no choice....i can't take it back no matter how much or how hard i try. i really don't want to be an urban legend story...that's the worse part i don't want to be an urban legend. Man cheats on wife once, contracts HIV commited to mental hospital after from the guilt.

thanks for the prayers :) i appreciate them

jenn
Guardian

Reged: 09/14/05
      #162673 - 10/24/05 10:11 PM

Its your nerves. And your guilt. We all have a way of seeing our cases in the worst light that could possibly exist. Like the urban legends.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#162693 - 10/25/05 09:02 AM

i'm doing my best to ignore my tongue until it hurts to eat or drink i'm sure i'm fine. but if it gets worse and worse, i don't know i guess i'll figure something to blame it on. today so far is a good day, and i hope it stays that way. i did pass one test last nite that landed me a 7/hr more pay for my job at work....now if i just pass this next test. i am pretty surprised at myself for passing that work test. i mean it's been 3 months of training along with the 3 months of hiv worry.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1078

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3