Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
sinfulman
Unregistered

oral sex and PEP
      #161957 - 10/16/05 09:29 AM

dear all
i had unprotect insertive oral sex with a HIV+ woman. 6 weeks passed. i just finished PEP which my doctor gave me. although PEP started late, 9 days after the bad day. tomorow i will go to test. i am very stressful and scared when thinking about the result. sometimes there are blemishs inside my mouth and now 2 days i get diarrha. i know that it is low risk. but these signs what mean? can i ask you a question. Does PEP will delay the signs of infected HIV+? A doctor in my country said that it can be delay. But another said if was infected the signs also appear even if using PEP.
a stressful and sinfulman

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: oral sex and PEP new
      #161961 - 10/16/05 11:47 AM

1) There was really no need for PEP since recieving oral is a very very low risk...the only reason insertive oral is even a risk is because its theoreticly possible meaning it can happen but it really never does from just oral
2) PEP was tooken way to late.....PeP is suppose to be tooken within 72 hours of exposure
3) Yes PeP does delay the serconversion process(time it takes to test positive) its usually said that once PEP is stopped the 3 months start from there meaning if you stopped one week ago your one week into your window period
4) There are no signs of hiv....Some people have symptoms and some dont ever remember feeling sick at all

What i say u do is wait a month, Take a Elisa/Eia, Try to find a Elisa that use's the P24 antigen + antibody
Also another test u can run along with these test's is a Pcr Dna or Rna, This test detects for the virus its self in your blood stream and not the antibodys
If all these test are negative your pretty much in the clear and just need one more antibody test after the window period to confirm you negative

Again your risk was almost zero
Only way you would even had the slightest chance of being infected is if she was bleeding in her mouth besides that there no risk because saliva cant infect you alone

How do u know this women was Hiv+ anyways???

Anonymous
Unregistered

#161971 - 10/16/05 07:53 PM

You're doctor was a fool and an idiot. Find a new one.

PEP is very strong medication. People should not be put on PEP for a possible exposure from Oral, which if you were getting it, then you had no risk.

Also the time frame to start PEP is 72 hours. Not six days. Even if you had an actual risk, the PEP would have done you no good. It was a waste of medication that could have been used by someone that really needed it. Now that type of waste is really sinful.

You will need to wait 13 weeks from the last dose of your PEP medication before testing for your 'risk'.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#162054 - 10/18/05 03:26 PM

Ahhh he's been on PEP. The purpose of those antiretrovirals is to hinder the replication of the virus. People living with HIV work to get their viral load down to undectectable with the help of medication.

If a person has been taking PEP, then even if they were infected, they may very well come back with an undectectable result. Besides, PEP is not recommended for determining a persons status.

He just is going to have to wait out the 13 weeks in order to find out that you don't get infected from blow jobs.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#162056 - 10/18/05 03:31 PM

Saliva cant Infect you Period. End of discussion.
If you just paid to have PEP done than you have the money to go spend $3000 USD on the quick HIV test.
The test is done using blood and will look for and detect the virus itself, rather than the antibodies, which means it will show your status before the window period required for the tests that look for antibodies. The quick test can be done as soon as 1-3 days after your exposure so you could be tested immediately.

In response to the comment about bleeding in your mouth...thats bulls**t. HIV is found in vaginal fluids as well which is why Oral Sex is a risk factor.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#162073 - 10/18/05 08:44 PM

A quick test at 3 days? That is not enough time for antibodies, or the virus, or P24 to have accumulated enough in the system. A 13 week ELISA is the only conclusive result. He did the crime (in his mind) and now he has to do the time....for the additional 13 weeks after finishing that PEP that he never, ever, should have started in the first place. What a waste of medication.

He want's to feel guilty. He wants to prolong his suffering. Let him

Anonymous
Unregistered

#162513 - 10/22/05 09:48 PM

Cmon, cut the poor kid some slack. He made a mistake and now he is learning a powerful lesson in stress, and self loathing. Relax fella, your test will be fine, you are at low risk, and get your head outa you ass next time you get the urge to do something stupid.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Calm down, breathe... new
      #162514 - 10/22/05 09:50 PM

Cmon, cut the poor kid some slack. He made a mistake and now he is learning a powerful lesson in stress, and self loathing. Relax fella, your test will be fine, you are at low risk, and get your head outa you ass next time you get the urge to do something stupid.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5459

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3