Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Worried12
Regular

Reged: 10/08/05
I am worried my 3 month test isnt accurate.
      #161601 - 10/11/05 11:36 AM

First let me say I am sorry for asking "stupid" questions. I think I have an anxiety disorder, and I will seek help when this HIV thing is resolved. I was tested at nearly 4 months, but I have heard it is possible to not be accurate until 6 months. I dont know what kind of test it was. Just a blood test. Are there any medications that would interfere? Is it possible to not have seroconverted? Is 3 months considered definitive by all everyone? Am I HIV free?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: I am worried my 3 month test isnt accurate. new
      #161610 - 10/11/05 01:19 PM

The HIV issue will resolve once you get treatment for the anxiety!!! Don't put it off until after...the after will come once you treat for the anxiety.

As for your question, there is a small minority of people that don't seroconvert until after three months...such as persons that are on chemo for cancer or immuno suppressed for other reasons. The odds of that beig the case with you are so minute it is not worth discussing.

Worried12
Regular

#161612 - 10/11/05 01:44 PM

Actually I think it was about 2 days short of being 4 months. Would accutane (claravis) or hydro cortisone cream cause a false negative or make me take longer to seroconvert?

Anonymous
Unregistered

#161619 - 10/11/05 02:53 PM

Honestly, I can't say for sure, but my guess would be no. Call your doctor or a clinic and ask. I would think that if there was something that would affect the test, they would ask if you were on any med's, etc...otherwise their testing would be useless. I really would just put you mind at ease and focus on the real issue...your anxiety. Seriously. Move on.

SteveR
Legend

Reged: 07/19/05
      #161623 - 10/11/05 03:11 PM

You've pinpointed the real problem already -- your anxiety. You need to stop worrying about HIV and get treatment for your anxiety problems. Go to your doctor and tell him you can't stop worrying. He may refer you to a counselor or a psychiatrist (who could then prescribe anti-anxiety drugs, if warranted). Seek help for the REAL issue here, not the one you're obsessed about.

Medications would NOT interfere with an antibody test. A three-month test is definitive for virtually everyone.

Worried12
Regular

#161627 - 10/11/05 03:31 PM

but I still have symptoms. Loose stool (almost diarrhea), stomach aches, my skin still has new rashes coming up, I have something on my eyelid that hurts. What if the place was using an older that I had to wait 6 months for?

Anonymous
Unregistered

#161631 - 10/11/05 03:50 PM

I have all the symptoms as well, including those that you have described and beyond. I have had an 8 week antibody as well as a 40 day PCR, all negative. The chance of me being infected has lower odds then the chance I will be struck by lighting in 17 seconds. The bottom line is that with an anxiety as highly elevated as yours is, your body is in extreme detection mode, meaning, and this is true, that you will pick up on anything. For example, I have some pimples every once in a while on my back, I notice one the other day and spen 2hrs. in front of the mirror wondering if it is an ARS rash, it is not it is a pimple. Also 90% of the symptoms of ARS are can be associated to stress. Stress can cause, but not limited to, diaherra, mouth ulcers, gas, depression, fever, anger, fear, aches, pains, shivering, feelings of extreme hot or cold, letc.. the list goes on. From what I have read in your post I would say that not only is your stress level high enough to cause these issues, you are on your way to post traumatic stress syndrome. Ever hear of that before, it is such a mental force it can cause poor veterans flash backs of war from decades ago, let alone some odd feelings and symptoms. The truley said part of this whole ordeal is that you have caused yourself this much aggrevation over something that does not even warrant a second thought, let a lone a panic, let alone a drastic panic. Please speak ASAP to a family member or freind and get help. You have so much beatiful life a head of you that is just going to waste with silly worrying. Enjoy life and that you have been blessed to have no true reason to worry about this milestone in life.

Worried12
Regular

#161636 - 10/11/05 04:08 PM

Andnow I feel a swollen lymph node under my chin. Anxiety cant cause that or my rashes. Since masturbating with panties is different, shouldnt I get tested at 6 months?

debtex
Legend

Reged: 03/21/05
      #161637 - 10/11/05 04:17 PM

You're right. !! Your only problem is anxiety!!
I didnt realize your risk was from the "used" dirty (yellow stained) panties. even if they were "blood stained" panties, you did NOT get hiv this way.

(thanks for reminding me how attractive it sounds by the way).

Worried12
Regular

#161639 - 10/11/05 04:23 PM

what if they were soaking wet? Still no risk? Im so dissapointed in myself that a test didn't help.

SteveR
Legend

Reged: 07/19/05
      #161647 - 10/11/05 05:16 PM

What do you mean a test "didn't help"? The test told you you're negative. That should help a lot! It's not like you didn't get a result -- you just didn't get the result that, against all reason, you expected.

Worried12
Regular

#161649 - 10/11/05 05:46 PM

I am also having vision problems. I have floaters my whole life though and I wear glasses. Can anxiety cause this?

Anonymous
Unregistered

#161652 - 10/11/05 06:49 PM

You absolutely need to seek psychiatric help. HIV is absolutely not your problem. things such as swollen glands, etc can be caused by a whole host of things. Perhaps you have a physical ailment along with your psychiatric issues, but it is NOT HIV. You can ask the question a million different ways and a million different times, the answer will remain the same. Please, I mean this in the nicest way....you need to get help for this irrational fear. NOW.

debtex
Legend

Reged: 03/21/05
      #161654 - 10/11/05 06:51 PM

you've been tested for hiv. it is NOT from that. your exposure was non existant!!
Not only did you share that they were someone else's dirty underwear. they were also yellow, and possibly soaking wet?????
it sounds like you need to talk to a counselor if these fears will live on. we cant continue to answer your same question, with the same answer.

daisey6205
Legend

Reged: 09/08/05
Loc: kansas
      #161657 - 10/11/05 07:18 PM

to all, including myself:
as my husband just said we are fueling this persons irrational fire, so we all need to stop responding to him. although i needed a good laugh after the day i had. thank you all. i am on the floor rolling.
of course i must respond to this post also and i mean it in the nicest way also.... i have never recommended suicide to anyone...but in this case this guy is driving me to the point of suicide (ha ha ha)....
jeepers what do you want...hiv...? here i will mine and my husbands to you. be freakin glad you don't have it. if you want it so bad, go find someone to give it to you. stop annoying others by your anxiety disoder, go to a doctor and express your concerns with your doc. that is what they get paid for, if he does not leave the office laughing i'll be surprized. you are not infected. find away to be happy with your results and move on to a new anxiety issue.
daisey

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 14914

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3