Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
AMIPOSITIVE
Unregistered

COULD I BE CONVERTING FROM NEGATIVE TO POSITIVE???
      #161468 - 10/09/05 11:50 PM

TODAYS AGO I FOUND MY SELF AT THE HOSPITAL, THEY WERE TELLING ME I HAD VIRAL SYNDROM, FROM A VIRAL ILNESS. THEY WERE ONABLE TO TELL ME WHAT WAS WRONG WITH ME. GAVE ME SOME MEDISION FOR MT STOMACH AND SENT ME ON MY WAY.
IF MY BLOOD IS CONVERTING, WHEN SHOULD I GET TESTED?
SMYTOMS:
3 WEEKS AGO MY THROAT SWALLON UP, SOMETIME HURTING TO SWALLOW, SOMETIMES THE PAIN WOULD GO UP INTO THE EAR. IT STILL HURTS, BUT NOT AS MUCH AS IT DID IN THE BEGINING. AT THE SAMETIME I HAD A PROUBLEM WITH ON AND OFF DIAREAH THIS WHOLE TIME. FOR THE LAST WEEK I WOULD GET SEVERS STOMACH CRAMPS, FELLING LIKE THE SOMACH FLUE, SOMES RESULTING IN NAUSA OR VOMITING. IN THE LAST TO WEEKS I HAVE BROKE OUT IN A SWEAT FROM THE MIDDLE OF NO WHERE 3 TIMES. NOW I AM BEGINING TO GET HEADACHS, LOW GRADE FEVER 99.5. THE DOCTORS CAN'T HELP ME WILL SOMEONE PLEASE HELP; I HAVE LOST 5 POUNDS FROM THIS.
LAST HIV TEST JUNE 2005, IT WAS NEGATIVE.
ARE THESE SIGNS OF HIV????????
MY BEST FRIEND IS HIV POSITIVE, HE SAYS HE'S NEVER HAD ANY SIGNS OF HIV.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
shadow1
Legend

Reged: 12/06/00
Re: COULD I BE CONVERTING FROM NEGATIVE TO POSITIVE??? new
      #161470 - 10/09/05 11:58 PM

It sounds like a viral infection to me, not HIV.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#161471 - 10/10/05 12:04 AM

MY BEST FRIEND IS MY HUSBAND. HE IS HIV POSITIVE. I AM JUST SCARED BECAUSE THE LAST TIME HE GAVE ME ORAL SEX HE HAD A SORE ON HIS TOUNGE. BOTH OF US HAS HERPES. ALWAYS USED CONDOMS.

AMIPOSITIVE
Unregistered

#161473 - 10/10/05 12:11 AM

HUSBAND HIV POSITIVE, BOTH HAVE HERPES, ALWAYS USED CONDOMS. RECEVIES ORAL SEX WHILE HE HAD SORE ON TOUNGE MAYBE 1.5 MONTHS AGO

shadow1
Legend

Reged: 12/06/00
      #161474 - 10/10/05 12:17 AM

Well it is strange to get infected that way, it would have to be one of the first times I have heard a sero-discordant couple causing infection this way and I know many and work with many. As I noted in my first note is it seems like just a viral infection to me, not HIV sero-conversion but if you want since your husband is HIV+ your doctor could give you a PCR/DNA or RNA test now and if you are infected it would tell you now.

AMIPOSITIVE
Unregistered

#161475 - 10/10/05 12:21 AM

THANK YOU, WE ARE ABOUT TO GO TO BED NOW, GOOD NIGHT.

AMIPOSITIVE
Unregistered

#161476 - 10/10/05 12:21 AM

THANK YOU, WE ARE ABOUT TO GO TO BED NOW, GOOD NIGHT.

SteveR
Legend

Reged: 07/19/05
Re: COULD I BE CONVERTING FROM NEGATIVE TO POSITIV new
      #161496 - 10/10/05 10:04 AM

It's impossible to say whether your illness is related to HIV or not. The only way to know for sure is to get an antibody test three months after you believe you may have been infected. (Or, as Gman said, a PCR should show whether you're in the midst of acute infection.)

Meanwhile, just try to rest and take care of yourself, so that you can bounce back from whatever's causing your symptoms. Remember, it could be ANY virus. The risk of HIV infection through oral sex is very low, but that risk does increase when other STDs (such as herpes) are present.

You mentioned that your best friend has HIV and never showed signs, but that doesn't mean anything. Some people are infected and never know it. Other people get very sick. There's a lot of variability in the way the virus reacts in different people.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! Meanwhile, as I said, take care of yourself.

daisey6205
Legend

Reged: 09/08/05
Loc: kansas
      #161497 - 10/10/05 10:08 AM

i think you are going to be fine. the doctors say that is ok to perform oral sex as long as you are not performing it on the hiv+ person. therefore that would mean you are fine since you are negative. you just can't be the performer on him without using protection. just go get tested and put your mind at ease.
daisey

Anonymous
Unregistered

#161719 - 10/12/05 06:53 PM

[quote]AFEW AGO I FOUND MY SELF AT THE HOSPITAL, THEY WERE TELLING ME I HAD VIRAL SYNDROM, FROM A VIRAL ILNESS. THEY WERE ONABLE TO TELL ME WHAT WAS WRONG WITH ME. GAVE ME SOME MEDICAN FOR MY STOMACH AND SENT ME ON MY WAY.
SMYTOMS:
3 WEEKS AGO MY THROAT SWALLON UP, SOMETIME HURTING TO SWALLOW, SOMETIMES THE PAIN WOULD GO UP INTO THE EAR. IT STILL HURTS, BUT NOT AS MUCH AS IT DID IN THE BEGINING. AT THE SAMETIME I HAD A PROUBLEM WITH ON AND OFF DIAREAH THIS WHOLE TIME. FOR THE LAST WEEK I WOULD GET SEVERS STOMACH CRAMPS, FELLING LIKE THE SOMACH FLUE, SOMES RESULTING IN NAUSA OR VOMITING. IN THE LAST TO WEEKS I HAVE BROKE OUT IN A SWEAT FROM THE MIDDLE OF NO WHERE 3 TIMES. NOW I AM BEGINING TO GET HEADACHS, LOW GRADE FEVER 99.5. THE DOCTORS CAN'T HELP ME WILL SOMEONE PLEASE HELP; I HAVE LOST 5 POUNDS FROM THIS.
MY BEST FRIEND IS HIV POSITIVE, HE SAYS HE'S NEVER HAD ANY SIGNS OF HIV. [/quote] ON TOP OF MY OTHER PROUBLEMS I HAVE BEEN SLEEP ALOT MORE, SOMETIMES SLEEPING ALL DAY. I HAVE WHITE SPOTS ON THE SIDE OF MY THROAT. IF I JUST HAVE A VIRALL ILNESS, WHY IN'T IT GOING AWAY AFTER 4 FOURS/

Anonymous
Unregistered

#161720 - 10/12/05 06:57 PM

[quote][quote]AFEW DAYS AGO I FOUND MY SELF AT THE HOSPITAL, THEY WERE TELLING ME I HAD VIRAL SYNDROM, FROM A VIRAL ILNESS. THEY WERE ONABLE TO TELL ME WHAT WAS WRONG WITH ME. GAVE ME SOME MEDICAN FOR MY STOMACH AND SENT ME ON MY WAY.
SMYTOMS:
MY BEST FRIEND IS HIV POSITIVE, HE SAYS HE'S NEVER HAD ANY SIGNS OF HIV. [/quote] ON TOP OF MY OTHER PROUBLEMS I HAVE BEEN SLEEP ALOT MORE, SOMETIMES SLEEPING ALL DAY. I HAVE WHITE SPOTS ON THE SIDE OF MY THROAT. IF I JUST HAVE A VIRALL ILNESS, WHY IN'T IT GOING AWAY AFTER 4 WEEKS? [/quote]

Anonymous
Unregistered

#161722 - 10/12/05 07:10 PM

HI, DASIY, I HAVE A WHITE SORE ON THE SIDE OF MY MOUTH, ACTUALLT MY TROAT, IT WON'T GO AWAY. I HAVE BEEN SLEEPING ALOT MORE. I GO TO MY DOCTOR FRIDAY, A LITTLE SCARED, I DON'T KNOW IF I SOULD JUST TELL THEN THAT MY HUSBAND IS HIV +, AND I WANT TO BE TESTED.

AMIPOSITIVE
Unregistered

#161723 - 10/12/05 07:12 PM

[quote]HI, DASIY, I HAVE A WHITE SORE ON THE SIDE OF MY MOUTH, ACTUALLT MY TROAT, IT WON'T GO AWAY. I HAVE BEEN SLEEPING ALOT MORE. I GO TO MY DOCTOR FRIDAY, A LITTLE SCARED, I DON'T KNOW IF I SOULD JUST TELL THEN THAT MY HUSBAND IS HIV +, AND I WANT TO BE TESTED. [/quote]

daisey6205
Legend

#161743 - 10/12/05 09:46 PM

is you hubbie really positive? and have you been having unprotected sex? if he is pos and you are having unprotected sex- why?
let me know....
daisey

daisey6205
Legend

ps new
      #161744 - 10/12/05 09:48 PM

don't be scared. there is nothing to be afraid of. i promise. don't let the sore and the fact that you are sleeping more be an idication that you may have hiv. it could just be a viral infection.
daisey

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6411

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3