Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Help with lymph node worries
      #161234 - 10/06/05 12:39 AM

I have been feeling them, and I have a swollen one under my chin. I am so worried. Where exactly are the nodes on the neck and throat? With HIV swelling, do they get to where they really protrude the neck? Its normal if they are a little big, right? How can they get before I should worry? Can you make them bigger by feeling them constantly?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Help with lymph node worries new
      #161235 - 10/06/05 01:09 AM

Also, hard should you oush to check? Just barely apply pressure? I could just be pushing down real hard, and that makes them feel bigger. Possible?

Anonymous
Unregistered

#161245 - 10/06/05 09:19 AM

First STOP poking at yourself. If you put yourself at risk get tested....if you didn't, move on. (Not saying that to be harsh, but many people have little to no risk and TORTURE themselves needlessly) You can read through the archives of worried wells that poked and prodded at their lymph nodes and swore they were swollen, only to see a doctor that said they weren't. I went to the doctor, didn't think mine were, but one was...so, if you aren't trained to palpate the nodes, you may miss them, or imagine them being swollen. Just see a doctor...put your mind at ease. You will be okay!

Anxiety33
Unregistered

#161282 - 10/06/05 10:22 PM

Well..first you did not identify what your possible "exposure" was, which would be helpful. Without more info your lymph node question does not mean much. Your obviously worried so go get tested! But I will say this....Have you ever had strep throat or a really bad sore throat? Well....it's pretty obvious when your lymph nodes are swollen!

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1510

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3