Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Insomnia-ARS?
      #16067 - 02/27/01 06:05 PM

A while back, after what I believe may've been a possible exposure, I developed a constellation of symptoms (sore throat, rash, waking up sweating at night, loss of appetite). All the while I also had insomnia. This occured 1 week after the event. I couldn't sleep for abput 4 nights. After the week, the ysmptoms and the insomnia left. I was wondering if strong acute insomnia is a symptom of ARS? I dismissed it as stress and worry at the time, but I really couldn't fall asleep. I read on one web site, and only one since I couldn't find a reference to insomnia anywhere else as part of ARS, i read on one website that ARS may include insomnia. I tested negative 50 days post exposure negative. I still need to find an appropriate time to retest. Any information is much appreciated.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Insomnia-ARS? new
      #16068 - 02/27/01 06:33 PM

It's sometimes difficult to determine whether insomnia is ARS related or is insomnia a direct result of stressing over ARS symptoms. I haven't read or heard anywhere that insomnia is a symptom of seroconversion. If anything, most people discover severe fatigue because the body is working overtime at fighting off the new invader and building antibodies. During my window period I had severe insomnia and all the symptoms you have listed, plus more. I eventually tested negative at 3 1/2 months. What is indicative of ARS symptoms is they come on all at once and leave all at once. This isn't meant to scare you. You could just have easily picked up a flu bug. A negative result at 50 days is good news. Test again at 3 months or later, get your negative result and pass it off as a nasty flu bug.

Best of luck to you.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1501

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3