Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Condom Break
      #160377 - 09/21/05 01:13 PM

Would a condom have to break pretty obviously to have any risk of transmitting, because I had protected sex with someone a month ago, with some heavy open mouth kissing for hours with lots of lip and tounge sucking and fingering and I am loaded with symptoms. I can not understand it, the condom did not look ripped, nor did I inspect it, yet I am almost certain I have ARS. Can I have gotten it from kissing or touching.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
shadow1
Legend

Reged: 12/06/00
Re: Condom Break new
      #160384 - 09/21/05 02:11 PM

A condom is designed to break catastrophically and a person would know it because there would only be a little ring around your member left after it happened they don’t get little holes or anything like that which could possibly transmit the virus. There is no risk with any of the other things you did either so you’re so called symptoms have to be from something else, like the flue bug that everyone seems to be getting this month. I had it and everyone in my office has had it, it lasts a while too.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#160385 - 09/21/05 02:13 PM

NO....
YOU ARE FINE, STOP LISTEN TO YOUR MIND GAMES, AND IF YOU CAN NOT, PLEASE GO GET TEST IN 8 WEEKS OR SO.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#160388 - 09/21/05 02:21 PM

trust me if the condom failed it would have been very clear it did

debtex
Legend

Reged: 03/21/05
      #160393 - 09/21/05 02:38 PM

yes, you would know whether or not the condom broke. so that should not concern you there. and no, your kissing and touching was completly safe. There has only been ONE (mind you in 20 something yrs) case of transmission thru kissing.....and BOTH parties involved have had terrible gingivitis with major gums bleeding between both.

you are safe. it is not ARS.....it is flu season. you got the flu. !! sure does suck, I know.....and all those symptoms "mimic" ars, so it would be easy to think it may be so, but you were safe.

love and prayers,
debbie

Anonymous
Unregistered

#160408 - 09/21/05 06:55 PM

Thank you all for the kind words as they have made me feel much better. My only concern is that I was a bit drunk when it happened that is why I wa concerned. I wondered if maybe I just jumped back under the covers and did not even pay attention when I took it off, but from what everyone is saying I guess if it had broke, I would have had a goopart of myself in my hand making it pretty obvious.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#160436 - 09/22/05 08:18 AM

I am so mad at myself because I was drunk and did not check it really, nor remember, but I hope what you guys are saying is that drunk or not I would have noticed because a good part of me would have been hanging out, and I would have felt it taking it off.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#160447 - 09/22/05 01:22 PM

Also I forgot to mention that starting yesterday morning my throat is dry and raspy. I have been coughing a lot and I think that my stuff on my tounge causing me to spit was really because the glands in my throat are so swollen that it hurts and does not go down when I swallow.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#160448 - 09/22/05 01:28 PM

I forgot to ask also what if I did not roll the condom all the way down.

shadow1
Legend

Reged: 12/06/00
      #160452 - 09/22/05 02:31 PM

No difference, you were protected.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#160455 - 09/22/05 03:05 PM

I guess maybe you did get something from your little escapade. Maybe a little more self control is in order. Heavy drinking and looking for sex never mixes. Actually, looking for sex never is a good idea. Too many risks for the short-term thrill.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#160456 - 09/22/05 03:07 PM

The glands in my throat are so swollen I can barely even swallow, plus everything else that is going on, what the hell happened.

debtex
Legend

#160457 - 09/22/05 04:37 PM

I dont know who you are "anonymous", but I know this is atleast the 2nd post that I have read from you, telling an individual that sex is wrong period. (course I'm sure its fine if they are married). simply because YOU choose not to have sex, doesn't mean that is what the world is up to.

Your words are not at all helpful, so I wouldn't reply a post and think you are sending an encouraging message!!!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#160461 - 09/22/05 05:47 PM

Ok everyone I have lost my mind wondering about this, let me ask you this. We started out with very heavy open mouth kissing with tounge and lip sucking. I do not know if she had any ulcers in her mouth, none that I could see at least and I would imagine if there were any it would have hurt her to kiss like that. My gums do bleed lightly sometimes when I brush, but this was over an hour from when I had brushed. I did some fingering, and I don't believe I had any open cuts on my hand let alone as deep as some say it would have to be to infect.She touched me lightly but no where near on top. I opened the condom a good two min after touching her so any virus should have died, or I would assume. I remember it being on wrong and then flipping it over so I hope the virus would have been dead. I do not remember how far I rolled it down but it should have been close to the bottom. We had sex for like three min with her on top, and then I went on top for maybe 4 or 5 min. I did not check the condom for holes but I remember when I took it off it seemed in tact. If everyone keeps saying that the condom would totally bust open if it tears then that did not happen, I would have noticed. One week after the event I had some swallowing issues and then they went away. Following that about half a week later I had started getting some incredible stomach pain in the morning for a brief period and then it would go away, no change in appetite, however more trips to the bathroom. The pain then becoame a small stabbing that occured throughout the day, still no change in appetite. The next week, week 2 was all like that and tehn towards the end of the week I noticed some change in my vision. Brightness hurt, a bit blurred and some floaters. I checked on some HIV sites and lost it and went and got tested. I tested negative for antibody at week three and was not satisfied because of the window, and so I got a pcr rna done at 22 days and tested negative. Since then through week 3 and now into 4 I can not function all I think is about HIV. I had a feeling all through week three as though I was cold and need a sweater, yet my upper back felt as though it was on fire, it was the oddest thing, and then for a couple of days my skin felt real irritated and itchy but no rash. I lost my appeptite completly, I barely ate one thing a day for 6 days straight. Granted as high as my anxiety was I dont know what caused it, and I lost like 15 pounds. I have been somewhat calmer the last few days and now this throat thing has started. If I am eating or drinking something I have no pain or problem, however when just trying to swallow it is hard to get down and hurts around my throat. Doc says does not look like glands but that my tonsils are hudge. My lower back is killing me, and I have not had a temp above 99.2. I am loosing my mind. I keep asking are these not obvious signs of HIV, and if they are how they hell did that happen as protected as I am. DId I miss something, what is going on.

debtex
Legend

#160473 - 09/22/05 09:51 PM

The only thing you are missing, is the fact that you have everyone here trying to convince you that this was a safe and NON risky situation. If its going to drive you crazy like this forever, then take a test in 3 months. But plese dont let it consume you. if this was your only unprotected incident...I can tell you, you will come hom with a negative results.

take care,
debbie

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5130

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3