Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

"undetectable"-update
      #160376 - 09/21/05 12:41 PM

dear friends- steve, debtex and other- thank thank you for your answers. I was tom, had a risk and a lot of symptoms( lymph-pain ,body-pain , skin problems and more) . every day... but I have done 10 elisa-tests about 20 months(HIV1/2) and 2 pcr-dna-tests for hiv 1 and hiv2. All tests neg. my doc. can not find another illness. It is hard to accept the reasults. You mean , hiv is not my problem, but please say: You know about people ,who neg. after 20 months (elisa and pcr) and later pos.? Should I take any other test?(cd4) What would YOU do??? Please answer me a last one. Thank you very much and sorry for the bad english. Tom

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
shadow1
Legend

Reged: 12/06/00
Re: "undetectable"-update new
      #160383 - 09/21/05 02:04 PM

You are conclusively HIV-. HIV is an active disease, once in your body it starts to work immediately (hence the average conversion time being 25 days), it will not lay dormant and wait for an opportune time to infect you. It sounds like your problems are being produced by stress, anxiety, and too much reading on the internet. Remember you are not a doctor and can not diagnose yourself by reading stuff and making it apply, all of the symptoms can also be related to 100s of other things that people say apply to HIV.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#160389 - 09/21/05 02:22 PM

IF I WAS YOU, I WILL BE EXTREMELY HAPPY TO HAVE ALL THOSE RESULTS COME BACK NEGATIVE, AND I WILL COMPLETELY FORGET ABOUT MY WORRIES, STOP THINKING, START LIVING.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#160392 - 09/21/05 02:37 PM

Man i wish i was there with you right now and smack some sense into ur ass...your doctor should give you some prozac instead of still testing u
you've been tested out to almost 2 years with antibody tests and pcr tests that look directly for the virus
The average time a person takes to develope antibodies is 3-4 weeks almost all convert by 3 months >98% and at 6 months is over 99.999% as close to a hunder as u can get
there's only been two people recorded by the cdc that took longer then 6 months and both converted within the year from the exposure your almost at double that man
seriously u need mental help and your doctor should of figured out a long time ago that the problem is not in your body but in your head
Move on and stop being a jack ass
your symptoms dont even sound like hiv in the first place

debtex
Legend

Reged: 03/21/05
      #160395 - 09/21/05 02:46 PM

I'm not doubting that you are feeling these symptoms. but they can be any NUMBER of things. you cant rely on a cd4 test to tell you anytihng. we have a patient at our clinic who only has 300 tcells, but does NOT have hiv. so you can't ask for that. It COULD very well be the stress that is making you feel these symptoms especially since you are always thinking aobut hiv. but there could be any other diagnosis' you could have that is not hiv. talk to your doctor. have him run tests for lupus, lyme, or any other reasons for the symptoms you have.
sounds to me, like you just have a hard time believing the neg tests, and this is why it is always on your mind, and you worry constantly.....hence....you WILL feel these symptoms, even if they are common symptoms you would have felt anyway, even if you didn't put yourself at risk.

love and prayers,
debbie

Anonymous
Unregistered

#161136 - 10/04/05 03:07 PM

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/aunknownstdviralillness

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1935

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3