Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anxiety33
Unregistered

The lovely "freak out" window period - again
      #160210 - 09/18/05 11:05 PM

I tell ya I'm in a living hell....I know you guys say that oral sex presents almost no risk and everything I am experiencing is anxiety related, but I am still extremely scared particularly since I keep having shooting/burning sensations in my right armpit. Without that "symptom", I would be much more relaxed, but it will not go away. I pray that my 57 day negative will stand, but I can't relax still. I have just been holed up in my condo doing nothing bc I can't be around people now....sucks!!!!!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
veryscaredd

Reged: 09/18/05
Re: The lovely "freak out" window period - again new
      #160211 - 09/18/05 11:12 PM

I hear that.. :( wall me up!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#160213 - 09/18/05 11:30 PM

I understand your stress, I two am in the window and freaking pretty bad. My symptoms have been coming and going for a month now and it really has me scared. You are ahead of me testing wise I just did a 4 week where I was neg. Some say that 50% will show then others like Mass hotline say that 90-95% will show then. So I'm hoping for the best and trying not to lose too much of my hair.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#160214 - 09/19/05 12:15 AM

I sure you are having the same thing where you know your are a mass of anxiety/stress yet the "symptoms" are so real. It really really sucks....I know the odds are with me, but it does not seem to help me at all....at 57 days I should have only a very small chance to be posititve, but I am getting another test this week for my own sanity.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#160267 - 09/19/05 09:52 PM

I have read all of your posts and you had no actual risk, why do so many people act so stupid about a disease that has been around over 25 years and taught in schools for over 20 years? The methods of contraction are actually pretty cut and dry and what you did was a theoretical risk. Why are people so stupid about this disease, it isn't like it is something new.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#160338 - 09/20/05 08:47 PM

My previous posts were under anonymous and you might be confusing me with anxiety23.....anyway, if you are correct in identifying my posts, saying mine is only a theoretical risk or low risk or whatever you wanna call it does not equal no risk. I know all about the ways of transmission, but when it's you and you have a small risk the mind takes over and it's pretty powerful. I was looking for some reassurance not sarcasm. But thanks for your input!

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
2 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1695

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3