Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Drinking straws
      #160201 - 09/18/05 07:03 PM

You know some drinking straws come unwrapped and the person at the restaurant or store touches it when he/she gives it to you, would that be risky if the person had saliva or some other fluid like blood in their hands? This is crazy, I know, I wish someone would say something that would stop all this, just get it through my head once and for all.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Drinking straws new
      #160203 - 09/18/05 07:11 PM

dude wut the hell are u talkin about. touchin a straw??? ur such a freak.... i bet u never or will never have sex ??? i bet u will never even kiss someone,, as u think SALIVA is risky.... poor u. stay inside ur house 24 hours a day and dont go out k?? cuz i bet u even think oxygen transmits hiv. yea dude... dont even dare go out of ur house, maybe someone will TOUCH you and ull get infected!!

MissNY
Unregistered

#160206 - 09/18/05 08:47 PM

I have never seen a waiter/waitress bring out a bare straw... maybe one with just the top of the wrapper only left on. However, I am pretty sure that a person in food service would actually be cruel enough to serve food with HIV infected blood on their hands. Saliva can't transmit HIV due to the fact that the virus isnt concentrated enough in it...Im pretty sure.

I am an anxiety nut but I wouldn't even think this far into something.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#160207 - 09/18/05 08:49 PM

I think there are better ways to answer people questions than to ridicule them.
People fear what they dont understand, and this person is simply ignorant, not a 'freak'.. Try to be more kind.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#160240 - 09/19/05 12:53 PM

i know that fear can make you wonder about anything. even if you wre completely protected in a sexual encounter, the fear of getting infected will always look for the"what if", now to answer your question, NO, hiv can not be transmitted in that way, neither survive for a long period of time when expose to oxygen, now you can discard that posibility. i hope it helps.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#160265 - 09/19/05 09:10 PM

Maybe you should do some research and learn how HIV is transmitted. You would think with this disease being around for over 25 years people would be a bit more educated about its transmission. Were you sleeping from 7th grade through 12th when it was gone over in school every year?

Anonymous
Unregistered

#160272 - 09/19/05 10:19 PM

Maybe you should attempt to learn a bit about HIV and how it is spread. Is it like it has not been around for longer than you have been alive and has been taught about in school since 1984, were you sleeping during sex education class when they went over it?

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2156

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3