Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Possible Risk..?
      #160145 - 09/17/05 12:33 PM

Hi. This is a very informative site and I am glad I stumbled upon it.

First of all, I will admit that I do have a mild anxiety disorder and might be called a hypochondriac.(Not sure if that is spelled right)

I am a 17 y/o female in a very loving relationship My boyfriend is much older than me, 31. I have known this guy for almost 5 years now and met him through my cousin. She dated him for 2 years, cheated on him and then left him.

Over that summer(2003) he was pretty upset because they were together for two years. While he did start doing some casual drinking (with friends at a bar) he didn't engage in any kind of risky behavior( drug use, sex with unknown people). However, he did have sex with a girl that I knew from my high school 3 years ago.

She is 2 years older than me. He met this girl through my cousin's cousin (Male). This girl that he had sexual activities(only once) with has been named a "whore." While HIV/AIDs isnt THAT common in my city(live in small populated city but it's not as small as where everone knows everyone) as far to my knowledge. I don't even know if this girl is as permiscuous( not too sure on the spelling) as everyone says she is. My boyfriend is VERY VERY protective during sex and he does regret ever having sex with her because she makes him sick.( She's got a bad attitude, very conceited and these traits in a girl turn him off.) They did use a condom and to my knowledge it never broke. I am to think this girl doesn't have HIV/AIDS because she is dating my cousin's cousin... and they are in a happy relationship to my knowledge. Though this does not mean that she is free and clear of any/all STDs.

I feel that I am at risk because I perform Oral Sex on him quite often, unprotected, and not to be blunt but I do swallow. I have been dating him for almost 5 months now and probably started engaging in giving him oral sex 4 1/2 months ago.

I don't feel that he even has any kind of STD but I don't know that. We are very close to each other and I feel bad asking him if the condom broke or anything else because I don't want him to get angry at me seeing that he regrets even touching her in the least bit.

Am I being a hypochondric and an anxiety-nut or do you think I possibly have something to worry about?

Should I set up an HIV test through Planned Parenthood at this time?

Also, does anyone know that if when you donate blood(I am a blood donor) and if it tests positive for HIV when they run the tests, if the American Red Cross sends you that information...that you are positive?

Thank you all for your responses!!!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Possible Risk..? new
      #160148 - 09/17/05 12:49 PM

i know how much it sucks waiting for a response so i'll do my best ok. from what i've read it could be your anxiety and hypo whatever condition. i am also like that. and yes i think the red cross tests the blood and tells you if it you should be tested for hiv. but there is only one way to find out, just like getting a tattoo. get tested for your peace of mind. but if you give him oral you shouldn't be to afraid to ask about hiv to this man. please take it easy and relax, if you have it you can't take it back, and if curious so far i'm neg

SteveR
Legend

Reged: 07/19/05
Re: Possible Risk..? new
      #160233 - 09/19/05 11:22 AM

The Red Cross will notify you if any of your tests are positive.

As the other poster said, you should not be afraid to talk to your boyfriend about safer sex and his risk factors. The more you know, the safer you can be. Oral sex does pose some risk, particularly when you take semen in your mouth, but it's not as risky as unprotected intercourse. Still, you guys should be talking.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1013

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3