Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

undetectable?
      #160103 - 09/16/05 09:15 AM

dear friends, I had a risk and a lot of ARS-symptoms(rash,lymph-pain,muscle pain,body-pain) But after this time I have done 10 about 20 months! All neg. And I have done 2 pcr-dna-tests( after5 and 7 months) All neg. I am sure to be infected- symptoms,pain every day. I am undetectable? Please help, what would you do? I am hopeless.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: undetectable? new
      #160104 - 09/16/05 09:19 AM

sorry for the mistake- I have done 10 elisa- tests about 20 months. Please help. what you know about people who can never building antibodies?

SteveR
Legend

Reged: 07/19/05
      #160110 - 09/16/05 10:20 AM

You're not hopeless -- you're HIV-negative!

If you continue to experience symptoms you should talk to your doctor about other possibilities -- but after all that time and all those tests, there's NO WAY that you have HIV.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#160130 - 09/17/05 02:36 AM

steve, thank you for your opinion. you are right, I have done enough tests about 20 months. but is it hard to accept the results .(symptoms) and I have read some people never have antibodys. Gman,Steve,Debtex you know about such people ? I am not a nutcase, the symptoms are not only in my head. What would you do? Sorry for the bad english and thank you for your help! Tom

Anonymous
Unregistered

#160154 - 09/17/05 01:32 PM

ur a freak!!! you dont have hiv wut else do u want. it looks like you DO want to have it. 10 tests??? out to 10 months???? 20???? wth??? one test at 3 months is enough!!! go see a shrink man wuts wrongwith you is ur mind....thats wuts causing ur symptoms. see a shrink or youll die from ur unecessary stress.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#160172 - 09/18/05 01:53 AM

Believe me you are not a nutcase. There are many more like you and me with the same problem. If you would like to share your story with others like you then visit http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/aunknownstdviralillnessreading those stories can comfort you in not being a nutcase and people share tips. However like I know being really preoccupied with all this also causes stress and stress and worry is bad for your body and resistance. Decide for youself if you want to join the group. People including my doctors and even family still don t acknowledge I am sick (this is very hard of course). I wish you all the strengt and you should consider to stop testing and just visit your doctor with complaints of your symptoms not a theory about undetectable HIV (even if you are right).

debtex
Legend

Reged: 03/21/05
      #160196 - 09/18/05 02:42 PM

I do NOT know of anyone who doesn't eventually create antibodies. I've heard of people who have undetectable viral loads, but everyone I know of HAS eventually created antibodies. you are negative. I'm not doubting the symptoms that you are feeling, but they are not related to hiv.

best of luck,
prayers
debbie

SteveR
Legend

Reged: 07/19/05
      #160225 - 09/19/05 10:19 AM

Tom,

Virtually everyone creates antibodies. I've only heard of one person who didn't, and his case was written up in the medical journals it was so rare. You could NOT have this problem, because you also had two PCR-DNA tests. They don't look for antibodies -- they look for the virus itself.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1474

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3