Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Help me, oral sex with HIV+ woman
      #159977 - 09/14/05 02:09 AM

11 days before, i made an oral sex with a girl without protection, then i ejected into her mouth. 2 days later, i had doubts, so i took her to test HIV. The result is she infected HIV+. I did not know to take PEP medication until i knew the result. After that, a counsellor told me that i should take a PEP medication in a month. Now, i use a PEP (medicine's name is lamzidivir) from the 9th day of the bad day. I'm very scared. I can stand anymore. Could you show me it have any methods or results i can decrease the risk of infected HIV? Another medicine? Or any medic center in the world can resolve my circumstance.
Help me, wait your reply as soon as possible
a sad, a worried, a disrespectful man

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
SteveR
Legend

Reged: 07/19/05
Re: Help me, oral sex with HIV+ woman new
      #159985 - 09/14/05 09:53 AM

If the woman was performing oral sex on you, which is how I read your question, your risk is VERY VERY VERY low. In fact, it's virtually nonexistent. You are almost certainly NOT infected, unless there were other risky activities.

I don't understand why the doctor prescribed PEP for you after nine days. PEP is generally administered only within the first 72 hours of infection. DON'T panic about that, though -- as I said, your risk is virtually nil.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#159997 - 09/14/05 12:40 PM

MEN,
stay calm. your risk is possible, but extremely low. I had have oral sex many, many time with HIV+ guys, with out knowing, and believe me it has been a very deep, ruff oral sex, and nothing everr happens, even when i knew one person was, i still did it the same way.
unless you have a cut in your penis, and she had a bleeding gums, then maybe there will be a little more risk, but still low compare to others high risk situations.

do not let your mind take control of your days about the what if, believe me, been there done that. i had waste so many months thinking and re-thinking step by step what i did wrong, to at the end realize that i worried to the extreme.

it is ok to worry about been safe, and keep yourself and others like that, but live goes on.
in my opinion, you are negative, if that was the only way you have sex with her.

go on, live a little, enjoy yourself,have positive thinking, and faith, everything will be just fine.

enjoy today!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#160010 - 09/14/05 04:40 PM

thank you for your replication
i am very appreciated your replication. But i feel that i am infected. I am so scared. I can not sleep, can not working, I feel i am a sinful man. If i am really infected, i do not want to live any more. I remember the counselor said that he recognize she had inflammation of her eyes. I guess that she also had the same problems with her mouth. So, my doctor said that the rish of oral sex also fairy high, because it may be appear unvisible hurt marks on penis. all of these proved that i wll be infected. my god, i will die. i wonder who can get me out this dead problem. I am in Vietnam now. I would like to ask you there are any chances i can change my situation or i must wait for a month, 3 month, and 6 month? I am very sad, stressful. I know that i have a weak body, i am easy to catch a cold, and i also had disorder of large intestine now. I have just passed a psychology trauma before. Now i fall in the dead hole. i can not immagine that if everybody know this, my colleages, my students, my family? I intend to tell the truth to my boss, also my teacher. dear sir, depend on your experience how must i do if it will be on the worst circumstance. I am sad, can not thinking, can not enjoy with everybody. Oh my god, i wish i had a maracle to resolve these bad problems.

SteveR
Legend

Reged: 07/19/05
      #160012 - 09/14/05 05:21 PM

It's natural to be afraid, but don't get ahead of yourself. You don't know anything yet. And try not to make judgments -- such as, "I am sinful" -- because after all, you were only doing what comes naturally. Just try to take it easy and don't think about what you'd tell your family -- you probably won't have to tell them anything at all.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#160041 - 09/14/05 09:24 PM

your doctor must be an old hiv-ignorant one. PEP for getting oral??? DId you know NOONE yet has been infected thru oral??? So you really think youll be the first?? Be realistic man, u had a reaaaaaally low THEORICAL risk, meaning it could happen theorically, but it has never happened. = it is not a realistic risk. Why bother stressing ur self for 3 months??? USELESS!!! Dont be dumb, forget about it. u have nothing to be worried about, just get tested in 3 months so u REALLY FORGET ABOUT IT, but dont sweat it! also i would recommend forgetting the PEP....

Anonymous
Unregistered

#160042 - 09/14/05 09:27 PM

WHAT IS PEP? MY HUSBAND IS POSITIVE, AND I AM NOT, I ASKED IF THEIR WAS ANY THING I COULD TAKE OR DO IF A CONDOM WAS TO BREAK, AND THEY TOLD ME THEIR WAS NOTHING?

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5590

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3