Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

question about unprotected sexual exposure
      #159944 - 09/13/05 10:28 AM

Question: If I had unprotected sex several times with someone who could possibly have been exposed to HIV (I'm not sure if he was ever tested) and he pulled out before ejaculation, do you think I still have a great chance of getting HIV if he does indeed have the disease? I recently tested positive for HPV and I am worried that I got this from him and that now my chances for having HIV have greatly been increased. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks everyone, this forum is very informative!

P.s. I just went today to get tested for HIV (it has been 6 months since the last sexual incounter with him), so i'm really bugging out right now!!!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
SteveR
Veteran

Reged: 07/19/05
Re: question about unprotected sexual exposure new
      #159951 - 09/13/05 02:30 PM

There IS a risk of infection through unprotected sex even if there's no ejaculation. Precum contains the virus, though in smaller quantities than semen.

That said, don't "bug out" yet. You don't know that your partner was positive, and the presence of HPV does not indicate that HIV is also present.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: question about unprotected sexual exposure new
      #161854 - 10/14/05 11:05 AM

Hi, just wanted to follow up on my post last month - I found out that I DO NOT have HIV! I still have to live with HPV but I have definitely learned a great lesson in making sure I ALWAYS wear a condom - it's not worth all the worrying! Thanks SteveR

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1883

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3