Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

are these symptoms
      #159588 - 09/06/05 01:20 PM

I kissed a woman and received oral sex without confirming her HIV status. I am concerned that a canker in my mouth (unknown at the time) may have been enough. I am now (2 weeks later) feeling high anxiety and every ailment is setting me off. I have had what appears to be bug bites on my arms, very itchy, I have had a bit of throbbing and burning sensation in my armpits. I am so nervous even though I know that saliva interchange is a low risk. please help me with your comments.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: are these symptoms new
      #159591 - 09/06/05 01:36 PM

I don't believe you have much risk at all. Kissing is not a risk, and receptive oral risk is very very small....bordering on no risk. As for the itchy bumps on arms....sounds like bug bites, or hives (which can be caused by stress). If you start to worry about everything you feel or see on your body you will notice a million things you never noticed before (like the burning under your arms) I don't believe you have anything to worry about, but to put your mind at ease go get tested at 3 months. You will sleep better when you get a neg.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#159592 - 09/06/05 01:45 PM

Thank you very much for the reassurance. 3 questions.
1- What about the canker sore under my tongue in my mouth when I was kissing - does that present an opportunity to contract
2- I am embarrassed to call her and ask if shes positive.
and 3. I am scared to have sex with anyone right now - what is my best course of action.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#159594 - 09/06/05 02:14 PM

I don't believe the canker sore presents a problem. The amounts detected in saliva are so small. Don't be embarassed to ask her!!! This is something that we should discuss more...then perhaps we could stop the spread!! (though I don't think it "spread" to you) As for your fear to have sex, your best course of action would be to use protection.....before and after your test, unless you are in a monogamous relationship with someone that knows their status. If you stay safe you will avoid having these fears in the future. Be safe, be well. Don't worry too much. I know it's hard, but you will be fine.

debtex
Legend

Reged: 03/21/05
      #159599 - 09/06/05 03:21 PM

Your kiss was in no way a risk for HIV at all. you would literally need to "gulp" her blood....not just her saliva. and the oral sex is only a theoretical risk. (especially you being the reciever).....it wouldnt even constitute needing a test. but if you cannot relax over it....then, perhaps you should be tested just to put it behind you. but really, its nothing to worry about AT ALL!!

you are fine.
debbie

Anonymous
Unregistered

#159604 - 09/06/05 04:20 PM

thank you for your reassurance...but I am getting weird vibes in my glandular areas ongoing - could this be just the rush of adrenalin etc.. from my anxiety - is this known to occur in this situation from others concerned?? If it was HIV would such things be happening this quickly? or would it happen later on? What is the most common occurence when people begin to experience HIV related symptoms? This experience has opened my eyes to the realities of this disease, I am sure this exprience will lead me to become more sympathetic and charitable to research and treatment. In the meantime, I will get the test done for my own sanity... when is the right time to do it?..and knowing my exposure.. should I contemplate having sex or wait? Finally, are you SURE that a canker sore in my mouth is not a access point for the disease from kissing??? I need to be sure...Thank you.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#159605 - 09/06/05 04:20 PM

thank you for your reassurance...but I am getting weird vibes in my glandular areas ongoing - could this be just the rush of adrenalin etc.. from my anxiety - is this known to occur in this situation from others concerned?? If it was HIV would such things be happening this quickly? or would it happen later on? What is the most common occurence when people begin to experience HIV related symptoms? This experience has opened my eyes to the realities of this disease, I am sure this exprience will lead me to become more sympathetic and charitable to research and treatment. In the meantime, I will get the test done for my own sanity... when is the right time to do it?..and knowing my exposure.. should I contemplate having sex or wait? Finally, are you SURE that a canker sore in my mouth is not a access point for the disease from kissing??? I need to be sure...Thank you.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#159608 - 09/06/05 04:52 PM

Dude, just one case has been reported by kissing. u wont be the second, trust me. and the most common symptom is fever but u shouldnt tell u cuz now most probably ur gonna come up with a fever tonight. that happens with worried wells, its a mental problem, a mental game. they read symptoms in the internet and soon they get those symptoms(happened to me). Stop searching for symptoms and get tested after 3 months and throw away this problem.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#159612 - 09/06/05 05:16 PM

thank you dude - appreciate your bluntness - can't help but worry - from your mouth to G-ds ears.

debtex
Legend

Reged: 03/21/05
      #159625 - 09/06/05 10:27 PM

and to point out....the only ONE CASE that has been reported, was not simple bad hygene, it was severe, severe gingivitis. so no....you definitly will NOT become the 2nd from kissing. but it seems to be as something you will stay concerned about until you are tested. Take a test at 13 weeks and it will be ACCURATE by then. If you want to have sex, have safe sex. and if worries you even more if you have sex...then I'm afraid, you should NOT have sex. (but this only depends on your state of mind).

Good luck.

2ndChance
Expert

Reged: 08/09/05
      #159639 - 09/07/05 10:48 AM

Also bear in mind the amount of acts of kissing and oral sex that take place in the world everyday. If HIV could be passed so easilly through these forms of intimacy then there would a lot more people down with HIV.

Relax.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2296

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3