Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Can anyone ease my mind (a little!!!)
      #159250 - 08/29/05 10:45 AM

I wrote before...mainly to share my anxiety in hopes of feeling better...now I have a question. I will start by saying that I know no one can tell me I'm negative, but while I am going through my window pain I was hoping someone could perhaps open my curtain and let in a little ray of hope.

After unprotected vaginal (receptive) sex - w/no internal ejaculation, with a partner of unknown status, I of course began to panic.... I was tested for all STDs (neg) but I'm in the window ( now 6 1/2 weeks) and have had ongoing vaginal irritaion...was treated for yeast, but it doesn't help...going to Dr. tomoro...but I am convinced that this is a resistant/persistant yeast infection from HIV....I have used creams OTC and prescription and oral med...to no avail. My gp said it is probably not yeast - so I am going to gyno tomoro...but like I said, I have myself convinced that it is HIV...I have a beautiful family and I guess never realized how much them truly meant to me until I now look at them and think I'm going to lose them forever. I guess I took them for granted. So, now I spend most of my time thinking A) about whether my genitals are irritated, B) that I have HIV and C) that I am going to lose the ones I love. (Yes, I was stupid and had an affair - with a person that I have known for many years...and i wouldn't blame my husband for leaving me...I would leave me!) Anyway, I pray to God everynight to forgive me for disrespecting myself, my family and my God...I pray that he will help me forgive myself...and I pray that he will take away this damn vaginal irritation. (It is a burny feeling...no real itch, no real discharge to speak of).
I guess my question is, what is the chance that a vaginal irritation w/o any other issues (besides a stress induced headache) is ARS/HIV? Any insight you can provide would be greatly appreciated. My prayers go out to all.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Can anyone ease my mind (a little!!!) new
      #159258 - 08/29/05 02:32 PM

im going to be honest you said it has been 6 1/2 weeks right? Not everyone gets ARS. or any kind of symptoms. But the ones you have your vagina itch is probley not related. Many women get that and most doctors asume yeast infection and 50% of the time they are misdignosed...Alot of them have BV. How long has your headaches been going on? on and off days in a row???? i dont think you have anyhting to worry about honestly but to be safe get tested and to ease your mind. and im glad you realized how much your family means to you. Take care and please play it safe.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Can anyone ease my mind (a little!!!) new
      #159271 - 08/29/05 08:15 PM

The recurrent yeast infectoins that woman with HIV get are due to immune suppression that takes years to develop, not weeks.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1016

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3