Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

bruising
      #159057 - 08/24/05 04:25 PM

hey is bruising-easily a sypmtom for ars?? Lately ive been getting bad bruises all over my body, some were mild bumps and hits and bruised badly, and some i dont even recall hitting something. Please reply!!!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
GDog

Reged: 08/10/05
Re: bruising new
      #159061 - 08/24/05 05:24 PM

Bruising does not equal HIV.

Have you had unprotected sex recently? Don't over-react to symptoms. Get the facts first and then get an expert opinion on the actual risk level. You could be freaking out for nothing!

Trust me -- it's not worth it! ... and a huge waste of time.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#159078 - 08/24/05 10:45 PM

I know im not concerned over my risk since it was really low, im just asking if bruising was a symptoms, but i think u meant No??? even if i had ars bruising wouldnt be related to hiv right??? i mean im not paranoic over my symptoms anymore and panicking for my low risk, but it can't get out of my head until i see the negative result after 3 months. i know it will be neg., it has to be, god bless me it will be, or else all i can say is that i am indeed the unluckiest person on this planet. so anyways im just asking, is it or not bruising a symptom of hiv, cuz ive been getting numerous bruises , some out of nowhere(without hitting anything.) Please reply.

GDog

Reged: 08/10/05
      #159099 - 08/25/05 07:20 AM

Sounds like you're pretty paranoid to me.

Listen -- a bruise is just that -- a bruise! -- and NOT a symptom of HIV. You had a low risk encounter, so why are you worried about HIV? I've been in your shoes so I know how it feels, but believe me, quit wasting your time looking for symptoms that have NOTHING TO DO WITH HIV!!!

If you're worried, get tested and put your mind at ease. Trust me, do not allow this HIV paranoia to cycle in your head -- it will drive you crazy -- and quit checking your body for symptoms -- your mind is very powerful and you'll find HIV symptoms if you want to. It's all in your head!

Go get tested, ease your worries and move on with your life. Write back and let us know when your tests come back NEGATIVE.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#159100 - 08/25/05 07:37 AM

k thanx man i will in 2 weeks, itll be 3 months. i really wanna get over this, and thanks for ur time cdog.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2918

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3