Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
SOB
Unregistered

53 days ora-quick neg, had classic ars
      #158817 - 08/18/05 12:27 PM

Yesterday I had ora-quick done at Whitman-Walker in DC (blood/finger prick), very, very much to my surprise, came back totally negative, technician told me I had an 80% chance of being neg for real.

I've had "all" the symptoms starting 2 weeks after exposure including white tongue/thrush, 1 day high fever and chills, sore groin, abdominal pains, diarrhea/constipation, difficulty urinating, then nothing for a week, then mild, cold night sweats on head and chest for 5 nights, then chills/hot flashes off and on during day for a wek, also lost 7 lbs. This whole "ARS ordeal" lasted 3 weeks. I still have white tongue/thrush (1-2 Pack a day smoker) though and that's it 7.5 weeks later. I was also on a strong Antifungal and 3 kinds of Antibacterials for NSU "from the random girl" for the 3 weeks during my "ARS", and I would feel great occasionally during it for 2-3 day spans which is wierd and I still worked 60 hr weeks through all of it. Also massive guilt & anxiety over this could be causing some symps.

Tragically enough.

I met a good girl right after this exposure and really do love her and want to settle down with her (hence the 2 comprehensive STD panel tests we both took together 10 days after exposure for me, clean on every STD for both of us (I should have had the PCR), we are still having protected sex about twice a week).

My real question is: How accurate is a negative result on this test at 53 (7.5wks) days since exposure for a relatively healthy 25yo male?? (Also ELISA'd neg at 2 weeks) My exposure = 1 unprotected insertive "rodeo" vaginal & oral to finish up sex w/some girl whose name (or serostatus) i don't even know in Las Vegas(I don't think she was a hooker or drug user but who knows (she had a blackberry). Also, she gave me Non-specific urethritis.

Let me know if i should continue contemplating which semi -truck to swerve into because I feel I'm meant to have this, or I should consider myself 'in the clear' and just rapid test again to be sure in 1 month? Also, can I be sure that since this is an HIV specific Clinic they used the best rapid test???

Also, are there girls who intentionally infect dumbasses like me, to get back at whoever infected them??

-Thanks

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
shadow1
Legend

Reged: 12/06/00
Re: 53 days ora-quick neg, had classic ars new
      #158821 - 08/18/05 01:38 PM

You sound like you stressed out too much. There is only a .1 in 10000 chance with insertive vaginal for HIV. Even if it were known if she were infected you only had a 5 in 10000 chance so the odds are in your favor.
I would take the last test in a month but it looks like you are negative and would not stress the next test. In some places 6 weeks is conclusive, but I still adhere to the 3mo figure that the CDC and the WHO are using.
There are very few girls who would go to rodeos with that on there mind, I would bet out of the thousands of females that were there that weekend you could probably not pick the one or two who were possibly infected. Also most of the people I know would have made sure you had protection and told you it was because they did not want to get preggers. people who are infected with HIV are not malicious and trying to infect people.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: 53 days ora-quick neg, had classic ars new
      #158822 - 08/18/05 01:46 PM

Would that test have been (ora-quick, blood prick) been a relatively recent generation/sensitive enough or as good as an EIA???

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2206

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3