Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
GDog
Regular

Reged: 08/10/05
GMan-Please read my post (Help!...HIV or PEP Rash)
      #158500 - 08/11/05 01:04 PM

I see your opinion and expertise are valued in this forum and I would love to have your opinion on my risk level and chances of contracting HIV.

Please read my post below (titled "Help ... HIV or PEP Rash").

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
shadow1
Legend

Reged: 12/06/00
Re: GMan-Please read my post (Help!...HIV or PEP Rash) new
      #158517 - 08/11/05 05:21 PM

Actually I read your post and did not see the need to respond since you are already seeking the help of a medical professional. Maybe you do not trust his opinion or medical knowledge and he was right to tell you that if you went to an emergency room they would tell you that PEP was not warranted. I would have told you the same because your risk was medium low. The rash you are experiencing is from the toxicity of the PEP, your doctor will tell you the same and if you had been infected PEP still would not stop the infection.
One of the posters was correct in that you went to a club for sex, you can not clam assault in any legal manner. You went there by choice and because you were using a glory hole and not actually seeing your partner you can not clam that you were assaulted in any way. I work with those facilities and the people who go to them on a daily basis and because you stuck your dick through a hole in the wall you basically consented to anything that attached itself to it.
In my opinion you should come out of this fine without infection because the insertive partner has a lower risk of contraction then the receptive partner. But you did jump the gun by insisting on PEP, and in 99.7% of actual high risk situations where HIV was known to be present PEP only slowed progression and did not stop the HIV from infecting the person. You already are seeing a medical professional, why come here and ask questions when you should be asking your doctor?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1503

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3