Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

the waiting is killing me
      #158406 - 08/09/05 04:10 PM

I went for an ELISA test and full STD panel last Tuesday. I have had this done once before and I got the results back in two days. It has now been seven days since the test and I haven't heard a word from the doctor's office. Last Friday I called and they told me that the HIV came back negative but they were waiting on the hepatitis b and c test to come back. I thought they sent the blood to be tested at one place. How can they have the results from part of it back and not everything else? This has me thinking they told me the HIV results from my baseline test 12 weeks ago. The waiting is killing me.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: the waiting is killing me new
      #158407 - 08/09/05 04:13 PM

12 weeks is considered a reliable result. you are fine.

Some tests take longer than others. But you do not have HIV.

debtex
Veteran

Reged: 03/21/05
Re: the waiting is killing me new
      #158419 - 08/09/05 10:15 PM

Certain tests take longer than others to return. Maybe before they didn't test you for hep b & c. I know when my work (hiv clinic) sends down tests for hiv & hep tests, they do not all arrive at the same time. I dont know how they run the tests in the lab for the results, but if some things can sit longer than others, I think they will let those wait (atleast thats how I feel, when you're waiting for important results. But I noticed my cd4 can come in w/in 2-5 days, but my Viral load....4 - 12 days!! so of course when you get one set of results quickly, and other same tests actually dont go as fast in the lab as the last time.....we tend to get anxious. I would rest assure that they would give you the right results for the hiv. clinicians know how important that answer should be.

Take it easy, I'm sure you'll hear in no time about the others. but the important one is out of the way.

Good luck and take care,
debbie

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1587

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3