Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Petrie DC
Unregistered

Once bitten twice shy
      #158347 - 08/08/05 05:36 PM

Very concerned here.... need some sane talk... about 5 1/2 weeks ago, I had an encounter with another man. We deep kissed (2 minutes) and he nibbled/sucked on my nipples. I guess he nibbled pretty hard because a couple of days later I notice a very small scab (1/2 the zie of a pin head) had formed. About 11 days and after a week of travel out of state I started to have diarrhea which lasted for five days (like forever!!!!) but with no other symptoms. At day 20, experienced sore back that lasted for 5 days and at day 28, got two canker sores (Note: Have history of frequent and recurring canker sores)... The guy I hooked up with says he was negative (as tested four months ago), but what good is that, given the window period!!! I am starting to lose it here, convinced I have HIV....

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Once bitten twice shy new
      #158348 - 08/08/05 05:53 PM

No you don't have HIV.

Petrie DC
Unregistered

#158355 - 08/08/05 06:24 PM

Thank you for the comment, but what if he had an open cut in his mouth that was bleeding??

Anonymous
Unregistered

#158356 - 08/08/05 06:31 PM

There would have to be a lot of blood for it to have enough viral load I think to actually infect you IF he did have an open sore and IF he was HIV positive. After all, the saliva in his mouth would help protect you too.

You said you deep kissed, surely you would have tasted something different if there was indeed blood in his mouth.

I think you would have to be one of the most unluckiest people around to get infected through this. Don't worry.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#158358 - 08/08/05 06:34 PM

Thank you anonymous... yours words are reassuring... at times I feel as if HIV infection is inevitable... seems like every time I get a sense of perspective, I "develop" a new symptom I am convinced means HIV... just wishing I could control my mind and body and say enough is enough!!! :)

Anonymous
Unregistered

#158360 - 08/08/05 06:48 PM

I know how you feel. I think you might be suffering from anxiety like I was so I would suggest you go to your doctor and explain what is wrong. It certainly seems that you are fearing the disease and a good chat and possible medication could help wonders.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#158363 - 08/08/05 08:00 PM

Yep, indeed i believe ur symptoms are anxiety. Deep kissing is not a risk unless u both had dental surgery the day before. Now, regarding if you BOTH had open sores, still i believe there is no active bleeding and no risk. Saliva also inactivates the virus as many scientists say. If u want prove, whenver u have an open sore or think u might get hiv thru kissing, get a glass of water, get a gulp in ur mouth, slightly rinse it(simulating how saliva moves while u french kiss) and then spit it back on a different glass of water. Watch closely and see that theres no sign of blood; the water is still crystal clear. THerefore, no visible blood, NO RISK! Calm down man and stay safe.

Petrie DC
Unregistered

#158389 - 08/09/05 09:17 AM

Thank you all for your reassuring words. I will try and not go to crazy here... going to see a shrink today to see if I can get control of some of my hysteria... thank you all.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#158393 - 08/09/05 09:39 AM

Even though I agree you do not hav HIV and could not have contracted it in the way you speak.
I would suggest you get a rapid test at a local clinic to ease your mind.
Either way you ARE -.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#158396 - 08/09/05 11:39 AM

Thank you for the advice. I have scheduled a rapid test for the six week mark... both because it should be more reliable, correct? and because I am too scared to go right now and get tested... will have to work up my confidence here....

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2623

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3