Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
hoping4miracle
Unregistered

AFRAID..Please help!
      #158333 - 08/08/05 11:50 AM

I unfortunately put myself and my girlfriend in a high risk situation; unprotected three-way with a pro. Dumbest thing I ever did and I will probably end up paying for it for the rest of my life. I deserve to be positive following my drunken stupidity. Initially had a sore throat a few days after and this rash the same week but I thought it was too early for ARS and wasn't worrying too much. Then at exactly four weeks all the symptoms fever, diarrhea, nodes, runny nose and this damn white tongue that won't go away. Got tested at 5.5 weeks for HIV-1 but it came back negative. I know it was too early. My three month anniversary is this week and I going for further testing including HIV-2. I think I am screwed. My only hope at this point is that I recently let God into my life and started praying and attending church. It is going to take a miracle for me and or my girlfriend to not be positive and this can only be due to God. I have been reading this site daily for the past three months and I have hoped and prayed for everyone who has been where I am. No need to reply to my message. I'll soon find out what our fate has in store. All I ask is please say a prayer for me and my girlfriend. I'll write back with results, hopefully not in the "Just tested positive" forum

Anthony

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: AFRAID..Please help! new
      #158335 - 08/08/05 12:01 PM

You got all my prayers.
I went through what you are. I like the fact that you had a runny nose, this is not usualy associated with ARS. And you are correct that the first episode "rash and sore throat" are very early to be ruled as ARS. Don't hesitate as I did, continue your course of action and get tested. I am very glad to here that you found God through this. He does work in mysterious ways. Continue to grow with him even after you find that you are negative for HIV.
God Bless.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#158359 - 08/08/05 06:38 PM

Most people start to resistance after 28 days I think so having a negative at 5.5 weeks is a good sign. Obviously not conclusive but a good sign.

You must take into account though that prostitutes have a job to do and by not getting checked regulary they would not last long in their professsion as it would give their managers a bad name.

Take care.

hoping4miracle
Unregistered

#158547 - 08/12/05 09:03 AM

nonreactive...thanks for the prayers.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1185

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3