Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
onpep
Unregistered

Paranoia?
      #158314 - 08/07/05 08:54 PM

I am so stressed out because of my occupational exposure, I am now thinking of different situations where I could've come into contact with HIV. I doubt it but maybe once or twice I've used razors that have been used by my stepfather, I sincerely doubt it because I don't like using other people's stuff, especially if it comes into contact with skin, but if I did, was I at risk?? I don't think he's HIV+ anyway but there's always the possibility. I am extremely paranoid right now. Thanks everyone.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Paranoia? new
      #158315 - 08/07/05 09:06 PM

I also doubt that your stepfather is hiv positive (although its always easy to think so - I too am paranoid). HIV is very sensative to oxygen and dies very quickly in the presence of air. So unless you used his razor within a few minutes of him using it and there was a decent amount of blood on it, you most likely are fine.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#158338 - 08/08/05 12:31 PM

If your Step dad is + the risk is low also I think he would be more informed and careful with anything that even caries a low risk of lateral exposure. You need to calm down. I don't know if you have a clinical diagnoses of paranoia but if this is how you think all the time you need to get evaluated so you can deal with life with a sense of reality. I don't want to sound mean, but I am concerned for you. Talk to your doctor about your troubles. You are not infected from this episode that you don't even know if it happened. Get your own toiletries and keep them some where that you know you are the only user of them. That goes for HIV negative people as well.
God bless.

debtex
Legend

Reged: 03/21/05
      #158367 - 08/08/05 10:07 PM

I understand how you feel about your unsurity of an occupational exposure. (from a NEEDLESTICK injury)...you cannot assume all these everyday scenerios are now a big risk you have put yourself in. there are 3 forms of transmission, and YOUR being AN EMT.....I would entrust that you would know them better than anyone else.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1355

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3