Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
OTHERSIDE
Unregistered

YOU PEOPLE KILL ME
      #15752 - 02/19/01 12:40 PM

Nothing I said is wrong. So deal with it..............
3rd generation is not that different than the first. Look it up. It comes back to understanding the results better.
If what I say scares you, maybe should: quite sharing needles, not let a stranger stick something up your butt, or quit having unprotected sex with a pro, or bite the bullet, and do it yourself, and stop cheating on loved ones. Most of you know better.

PS: It's not Powell.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Jackie_Blue
Legend

Reged: 10/26/00
Re: YOU PEOPLE KILL ME new
      #15753 - 02/19/01 01:15 PM

1st Generation Elisa was considered conclusive at 6 months. With the ability of the 3rd generation to be more sensitive, it's considered conclusive at 3 months. That would seem to be a pretty big difference.

Just curious about one thing.... You're so high and mighty that you can be so judgemental about people's behavior. It's obvious that you are so perfect as never to have put yourself at risk so..... just what brought you to this board in the first place?

TexGal
Master

Reged: 11/21/00
      #15754 - 02/19/01 01:18 PM

First of all, everyone is entitled to their opinion. That is what makes this board great. That people can come and exchange ideas and opinions. Although, we may disagree, you are entitled to them.

Now, I usually don't like to slam people but I will make an exception in this case...EXACTLY WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE??? Who appointed you judge and jury? What are you doing here? Did someone stick something up your butt? Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones!! People don't come here to have someone else's morality shoved in their face. They come here for comfort and facts. If you do not have it in your heart to provide that...then don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out! We definitely don't need you here!

Obviously, you have quite a bit of pent up frustration to come here spout your unresearched, unsubstantiated and unintelligent "opinions" and then have the nerve to judge anyone who happens to disagree with you, with the facts to back it up.

Just by your statement that 3rd generation is not that different from the 1st generation....you are seriously misinformed. And no, I will not provide you the information which proves how different and more sensitive it is. Do it yourself. Please do some research and until then.....SHUT THE HELL UP WITH YOUR JUDGEMENTS!!

If you agree with the CDC as to testing at 6 months. Wonderful! Go for it. And that is not the point which infuriates me. It's your dumb ass comments about what people should and shouldn't do. It doesn't matter what actions got people here, the point is to support them and hope that they have learned a lifelong lesson and live life differently.

It must be so hard to be a perfect human being like you (insert sarcasm here).

Tex

otherside
Unregistered

live with your choices new
      #15756 - 02/19/01 01:36 PM

What I have posted are FACTS, not opinions. You do the homework. When people choose to live life as if their are no risks and put themselves at risk, I really can't feel to sorry for them. No one should get AIDS, and no one should get cancer, but it happens. My heart goes out to all with either one. But what I said is not an attempt to be judgemental. It's an attempt to make people realize what they are going through (In most cases) is self in-flicted.
Reality is this is how people get infected. But let me guess that's not what the CDC says, right........

Jackie_Blue
Legend

Reged: 10/26/00
Re: live with your choices new
      #15757 - 02/19/01 01:46 PM

I believe the FACTS were posted to you on your other post.

What little world do you live in that you could think you are not being judgemental. You say you really can't feel sorry for people with HIV or Cancer, but then you say your heart goes out to people with either one. You contradict yourself.

And in case you hadn't notice, most people here realize that what they are going through is self-inflicted. We all know we are here because of mistakes we made in the past. Personally, if I wanna hear a preacher, I'll go to church.

Once again I ask, if you are so perfect...just why are you here?

TexGal
Master

Reged: 11/21/00
      #15759 - 02/19/01 02:50 PM

No..not facts..the only thing that you have posted was some ill-conceived metaphor about some party with no facts to back it up. And please, don't tell me to do MY homework. I have attained enough knowledge about HIV and transmission as to make a pre-med Harvard student jealous. And I continue to learn. It's amazing what you can absorb when you have an open mind and don't live in a plastic bubble.

And guess what?? No one here needs some self-appointed demi-god to let them know that their own situation is a direct result of their actions. Are us mere mortals so unintelligent as not to know that before you showed up?? There is nothing anyone can say to punish us more than we do ourselves while in the window period and thereafter. But it was very big of you to take on that responsibility (whatever!).

So until some compassion grows in heart, you would benefit all of us by moving on and spouting your crap and judgements to someone who cares.

Tex

Anonymous
Unregistered

#15760 - 02/19/01 03:04 PM

nah, your arrogance will kill you aside from your ignorance. =)

Hobgoblin
Regular

Reged: 10/09/00
      #15764 - 02/19/01 04:18 PM

Hobgoblin begins to do his Jerry Springer dance singing, "Go TexGal, Go Jackie, Go Texgal, Go Jackie"!!!!

You go girls!!!

Hugz

Hobgoblin

Anonymous
Unregistered

#15767 - 02/19/01 04:45 PM

HAHAHA too damn funny Hob!

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2890

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3