Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Need Some Facts
      #15749 - 02/19/01 09:32 AM

Had a high risk encounter 5 months ago. Unprotected sex with a man unsure of his status and ejaculation. It only happened once. I am a female. I don't know why I would do something so stupid. I had hiv education in high school and know that it can happen to anyone but I still went out and did something so stupid. I know I should test so I can stop worrying but I get extreme anxiety when I go to make the call. I need some facts. What are the chances of getting hiv from one time exposure? Thank you

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Need Some Facts new
      #15750 - 02/19/01 10:09 AM

Factor 1: He has to be positive. Other stuff like his viral load and and emount of ejac and if you had any small abrasions in the vaginal area. Many factors go into the odds of a one time exposure. Truth is, it's really hard to tell what the chances are. Don't worry about odds and stuff like that. Look at it this way, you have to test eventually to curb your worry so just make the call and be done with it. You'll feel much better after you went through with it. Knowledge is power. How have you been feeling health wise?

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Need Some Facts new
      #15751 - 02/19/01 11:16 AM

I have been feeling fine up until a month ago. Been really tired and achy all over. Never experienced anything until now. Never even really thought about the encounter until recently.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1230

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3