Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Eomae
Unregistered

Serious chance of being infected?
      #157434 - 07/18/05 02:21 PM

Hello,

Ive been killing myself over the past week due to a drunken night out on holiday, where I had vaginal sex with an african prostitute. The sexual encounter was protected with a condom until it split half way through.

I came into contact through the tip of my penis inside her vagina for around 3-5 seconds, and pulled out. Neither of us ejaculated but I fear some precum may have infected me.

The next morning I noticed a few small cuts on the penis due to the friction of the activity. Im killing myself with worry, ive read over the archives so many times in the last week searching for some comfort, am too embarrassed to tell my family and unsure of where to turn to next.

I have suffered from a minor neck strain (muscle) the morning after, and a mild cough (as did the people I was with). Do you think there is a serious chance I have contracted the disease? I believe it was almost certain she would have had aids, dont ask me why!...

Im killing myself looking for answers, please let me know what you think.

Best Regards.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Serious chance of being infected? new
      #157437 - 07/18/05 03:32 PM

You are at risk for all STD including HIV. The tip of the penis is where the uthera is and that is the opening source to you blood stream. Get tested at 3 months.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#157438 - 07/18/05 03:41 PM

Thanks for the reply,

I knew I was at risk already from all of these, and indeed I will get tested, my question was what are the chances.

Reading up on it, the insertive male is less likely to get an infection than the receptive female. Do you think the fact that it was a mere 3-5 seconds of contact would have made any difference?

Best Regards.

jake_the_shake
All Star

Reged: 12/07/04
      #157444 - 07/18/05 06:52 PM

it's unlkley that you got HIV from this one-time encounter. The condom would have provided protection until it was compromised, and the transmission rate from f-->m is low (about 1/100,000 see below cite). So keep your chin up, the odds are overwhelmingly in your favor.

that being said, you had unprotected vaginal sex, which is a risk.

get tested six weeks post-exposure.

http://www.aids.org/FactSheets/152-How-Risky-Is-It.html#anchor274112

Anonymous
Unregistered

#157450 - 07/18/05 07:14 PM

Alright, thanks for the response.

Im wondering whether the shorter the time in contact the less likely an infection.. i.e Thinking about it was no more than say 4 seconds...

debtex
Legend

Reged: 03/21/05
      #157464 - 07/18/05 10:20 PM

Then your risk is very low. The fact that she is a prostitute should be reason enough for you to assume that she may be infected, but what is kind of bothersome to me is that you said, and "african prostitute", which makes it sound like this part of it concerns you more. Just the fact that she is a prostitute should be enough to concern you if a condoms breaks. I understand that people from Africa are highly at risk, but whether she was african or american.....it should concern you if she had hiv either way. she is a sex worker, and it is very likely that she has had sex w/ someone at risk but I'm sure she wears condoms w/ them all.

I wish you the best, and will keep you in my thoughts. You will make it thru this fine (and if one four second exposure is your only risk, I wouldn't let it consume any major fear in your life). your risk was very low.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#157465 - 07/18/05 10:25 PM

Thanks for the reply.

I understand your concern over the 'african' comment. The canary islands are rife with africans being imported and alot of them for sex, I didnt mean any offence by the comment. I have been to africa myself (Zambia) and have seen the effects Aids has had on the people there.

Thats part of the reason am so ashamed, I feel like all my work over there is hypocritical when I do something like this. I have managed to stay calm on the issue and appreciate your concern.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1920

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3