Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Symptoms and chances?
      #157261 - 07/14/05 04:00 PM

I am a 22 year old male bisexual who since my last HIV test which was back in 2003 has had oral sex with men a couple of times as well as a few cases of penatritve sex in which I was being penetrated. During the oral sex encounters there was no protection, however the people that I did this with did not ejaculate. As for the penetrative sex I have always used condoms since I had a bad scare just before my last HIV test.

It has been nearly 5 months since my last encounter with someone else but am rather worried because of late I have been feeling rather ill. I have had a continuous headache for nearly a week now which runs across the right side of my head and down the back of my neck. As well as this I have what appears to be a slight temperature. I have been off my food and feeling rather tired too and have been visiting the toilet a lot more during this week.

I was wondering if these symptoms could be the early signs of HIV and whether the encounters I have had can be seen as a possible risk? My local GUM clinic is not open until next week so cannot get tested just yet however I was thinking if I were to get a normal blood test would the HIV cells show up during the test or would the analyst have to be specifically looking for them?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
debtex
Legend

Reged: 03/21/05
Re: Symptoms and chances? new
      #157264 - 07/14/05 04:30 PM

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear of your scare. I'm glad tho to hear of your safety practices since your last neg test. this should provide you with some comfort. Your symptoms could be any bug that you may have picked up on an everyday contact.

But unfortunately the blood that your draw for normal physicals or any blood analysis would not pick up ANY detection of hiv, or could not cause any of your labs to be off in any way.
You have played it safe since your last test, this should bring you some reassurance. but if you are really concerned, you may want to be tested again.

please take it easy. I'm sure this is not from hiv. you probably are just getting any type of viral infection, but I dont think hiv, if you have been safe.

good luck to you,
love and prayers,
deb

Anonymous
Unregistered

#157268 - 07/14/05 05:44 PM

Hi
I agree with Deb and applaud her comments.

However, you asked a straight question and should get a straight answer.

I have NEVER had unprotected anal sex and only Oral sex with NO ejaculation. Sadly I am in the very small minority who cought HIV this way ( diagnosed 3 weeks ).

Oral sex can be risky if you have bleeding gums, recently brushed your teeth or have a bite or cut in your mouth. Although I cought it from precum the chances in the big wild world are slim. I was very unlucky.

As Debs said your symtons could be anything but will oly be made worse by stress.

Finding out you are Poz is not the end of the world, but a start of a brand new LIFE.

I am sure you will be negative too, but you need to know that the only safe sex is NO sex.

Richie UK

jake_the_shake
All Star

Reged: 12/07/04
      #157302 - 07/15/05 12:36 PM

you tested positive 3 weeks ago from oral sex with no ejaclation and you're on here scaring people?

3 weeks ago?

Anonymous
Unregistered

#157367 - 07/16/05 04:20 PM

Ok, that sounds a little OTT considering the situation.

I know it sounds cliche on these forums but I was wondering what the common symptoms surrounding the early stages of HIV would entail?

Recerntly I have been eating less, visiting the toilet more to which my stools have not been as solid as they usually are, stomach cramps and one mean mother humping headache. Any of these sound like usual symptoms?

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1730

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3