Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
scared to death
Unregistered

Oral sex does = HIV
      #157206 - 07/13/05 11:10 PM

OK, I have been reading ALOT of these posts, and the general consenus is that you CAN'T (or at least its next to impossible), contract HIV through oral sex. Well, I have a problem with this. Let me start out by saying I am praying every single day that this idea is true, and no I haven't been tested yet, in 1 hour it will be exactly 30 days since my HUGH mess up. I am going to go on Sat (july 16) to get my first test. Here is my story and why I am so incredibly petrified, and really don't belive this theory. I have been straight my whole life, married (and since divorced for 10 months) , 3 WONDERFUL kids who I love with all of my heart, ya know the story. Well I had never been attracted to men, they just dont turn me on. I love the look and feel of a woman. Bla Bla Bla, cutting to the chase, I have had a fantasy about being with a Tranny. So one day I was out of town on business, alone in my hotel I decided to go to a gay bar in the city were I was in.REAL long story short, I picked up (or got picked up) by a reall good looking he\she\it. Looked just like a woman. I had heard several times in the past the myth about not getting HIV orally, and did not want to risk any kind of anal, so she (he)preformed oral on me to ejaculation without a condom. I went down on her for LITTERALLY 2 seconds, got nervous and stopped. I gave her my number and told her to keep in touch, if I was in town again wed get together, I didnt ask for "hers" because I knew Id never do anything like this again. The next day (about 12-13 hours later) i felt a slight pressure in the back of my left eye. No big deal, just a little annoying thing. The next day my eye felt like it was going to explode, but being out of town and going home that afternoon I figured Id wait it out and go to the doctor on the next Monday. Saturday morning I woke up and my eye was so swollen it looked like had been punched. and the pressure was so great I had double vision. I went to the E.R. and they couldn't tell me what was wrong, put a patch on it and told me to see th EYE doc on Monday. I also had a temp of 99.8. Eye doc never did figure it out, after 3 visits and 1 C.A.T. scan ( I never told him about my incident with the Tranny). That Sunday (day 4) Kim (i.e. the tranny) called me ( and blocked the damn #) and told me I needed to get checked, I said for what and she said "just take care of yourself and hung up. I FREAKED. Well in 3 days that will have been a month. My eye is fine now ( it took a week to go away) but my fever has remained, and has not went down at all, once it was 99.4 though. I started to get muscle achs slightly in my legs, and I broke out in the small of my back after about a week. The break out has also remained. 1wk and 3 days after the encounter my legs and knees hurt so bad that I could hardly walk. They still ache from day to day but not that severe. 3 weeks into it I got a cold sore, stress maybe, but also a symptom. I usually only get them in the winter and havent had one in like 2.5 yrs. The glands on the right side of my neck swell, disappear, then swell again. And the last three days have brought on a sore throut. (sp) 4 days ago I woke up and my head was drenched with sweat, and I was in a hotel with the AC kicking. I have iched all over for the last three weeks.
LIke I started out saying, I PRAY that you are all right, but at this point I am convinced that I am HIV+. I could pass alot off but a damn fever that will not go away after 4 friggin weeks is to much. If ANYone has any thoughts I would greatly appreciate them.
P.S. I will never do that again, like the song says, don't go chasing waterfalls, stick with what you are used to. I DEFINATLY like my women better. I just hope that a one time fantasy doesn't tun into a life long reality. And dont beat me up to bad, I know it was a friggin mistake. And I am going to see a doctor about the fever and get tested on Sat.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
shadow1
Legend

Reged: 12/06/00
Re: Oral sex does = HIV new
      #157211 - 07/14/05 12:14 AM

The literature says that there is a 1/10,000 risk of HIV infection to the receptive partner in oral sex and a .5/10,000 risk of HIV infection to the insertive partner. Also there have been many studies at the major research institutes, also the reporting agencies regester what people tell them there risk was and that was reported. In my many years of working with HIV/AIDS and having to read the reports and keep up with everything that pertains to HIV/AIDS in the USA for the last 22 years I have only come across two (2) cases where the person would not state any risk other than oral. Every person who was actually infected had other risks, multiple unprotected partners, etc., but I have never come across anyone who has been infected via oral sex. The risk for oral sex is actually theoretical; it says that in every text for every agency in the world. There are many factors which make oral close to imposable but I am not going to go in to the medical explanations which if you read back over the last 5 years you will find explained many times in posts. you will also read thousands of posts where there was oral fears and every person tested negative, and in all my years of working with this disease I have personally never had someone test HIV+ from an oral exposure and I have worked with many people who spend most of there time in gay bath houses in LA, SF, and NY. None of these people have tested HIV+ even with many HIV+ partners both receiving and giving but only having oral sex, so explain that.

scared to death
Unregistered

Re: GMANBILL new
      #157212 - 07/14/05 12:30 AM

Hey man, Im not arguing with the numbers. And I have read ALOT of your posts, and you never waver, like I said, I PRAY every day that you are right. God knows I dont want to be the first person in 22 yrs that gets tis from oral. I can say that I have not had risky sex since my divorce and we were both neg shortly after. I respect your advice, you seem to be extremly knowledgable and you can definatly help people with anxioty, I'm just REALLY scared, esspecially (like I already said) since saturday will be 4 week of a fever. I hope Im not the 1\10,000, that would be my luck though.

debtex
Legend

Reged: 03/21/05
      #157227 - 07/14/05 09:54 AM

Hey Scared,

Take it easy. You will be fine. I am sure of it. I know you wonder why the heck did she say "just go get checked". You should keep in mind, that its hard for a transvestite when meeting men, because obviously this man they meet is attracted to women, because that is how they prefer to be, but they have a penis, and men (who like women) do not like that. so they tend to get angry, and can say mean and cruel things just to scare you.

when i was pregnant w/ my first son, my brother met a transvestite, and went out one night, found out she was a man, and broke it off. boy, she was so mad, I remember her calling my house telling me she hoped my baby would die. she was coming over to kill us all. it was pretty horrible.

Take it easy. she (or he) was just trying to scare you, because you must have been rejecting.

you will be fine.

Debbie

SteveR
Unregistered

Re: Oral sex does = HIV new
      #157228 - 07/14/05 10:08 AM

It sounds like your risk for HIV is very minimal. But here's another thought -- the person you were with told you to "get checked," but didn't say for what. Have you had a screening for other STDs? Things like chlamydia, gonorrhea and syphilis can be trasmitted orally (and fortunately are easy to treat). Just a thought.

A fever of 99.4 or so, by the way, is not really technically a fever. Body temperature naturally fluctuates and a variation in either direction of a degree or less is pretty inconsequential.

I don't mean to minimize your fears -- I know you're scared. But I think you're more scared than you need to be, and since it sounds like you're beating yourself up over this incident, I think anxiety may be a big part of the problem.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#157241 - 07/14/05 01:19 PM

Well I am another you can add to the list for oral infection. Only sexual contact was oral sex NO ejaculation and came back positive. You can catch it from Oral sex and 6 % of all infections are now being blamed on Oral sex.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#157255 - 07/14/05 02:30 PM

Were you Insertive or Receptive during Oral Sex ? Can U pls tell me...I was insertive for less than 1 min...Can I get from that....?

Pls tell me, I am another one who's very tense from Oral Sex

debtex
Legend

#157257 - 07/14/05 02:53 PM

I would seriously DOUBT that 6% of infections are involved from oral sex.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#157267 - 07/14/05 05:36 PM

Thats what both my Consultant and NAM say

Tylox99
Unregistered

#157275 - 07/14/05 07:42 PM

[quote]Well I am another you can add to the list for oral infection. Only sexual contact was oral sex NO ejaculation and came back positive. You can catch it from Oral sex and 6 % of all infections are now being blamed on Oral sex. [/quote]

Before you scare everyone here, please provide a source. And by source I dont mean my brother's dentist's friend's aunt told me, I mean a peer-reviewed medical journal. Otherwise, please ignore this statistic, it is incorrect.

Keep up the great work Gmanbill and Debtex!

jake_the_shake
All Star

Reged: 12/07/04
      #157293 - 07/15/05 10:26 AM

[quote]Well I am another you can add to the list for oral infection. Only sexual contact was oral sex NO ejaculation and came back positive. You can catch it from Oral sex and 6 % of all infections are now being blamed on Oral sex. [/quote]

you are wrong.

That number (actually 8%) comes from a single unpublished study from 2000 which has since been torn apart by two subsequent studies (one in spain and one in san fran). Both studies tracked serodiscordant couples of the course of nealry ten years (the spanish study was 10, I think the san fran was 2). The participants in the study participated only in oral sex, 98% of which was unprotected, a vast majority of which involve ejaculating the mouth of the NEG partner.

Both studies revealed zero new infections. Not 3, not almost zero. Zero. In the case of Spain, doctors collected 179 human years of receptive fellation data.

In other words, you could suck HIV+ dick for the next 179 years and have a statistical chance of zero to contract HIV.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2001/08/010815082420.htm

http://www.hivandhepatitis.com/recent/transmission/061902c.html

also, from a Dr. at the GLMA

Oral sex and HIV

The chance of contracting HIV through oral sex is about 1 in 10,000 chance per act, according to Do, of the GLMA.

"Various studies have showed this to be the average number, but the science is not very good in this area," he said. "I think it's probably closer to 1 in a million. You probably have a better chance of getting struck by lightning than getting HIV through oral sex."

http://www.aegis.com/news/wb/2005/WB050108.html

Anonymous
Unregistered

#159106 - 08/25/05 12:03 PM

I received of Oral Sex from a stripper for about 2/3 minutes and ejaculated outside and she asked me whether i am clean and i also asked her the same and she said she is clean. I know my chances are low in contracting HIV. Bust should i get tested ?

debtex
Legend

#159119 - 08/25/05 02:46 PM

not unless you have had any sexual encounters other than this. The oral sex you have had would not require testing. but if you have ever had unprotected sex (vaginal, anal) without protection, then that would be the reason to test.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6048

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3