Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
gwen34
Unregistered

freaked about oral sex...please respond
      #157139 - 07/12/05 04:23 PM

I performed oral sex on 2 different guys in the past few months. There was no ejaculation & I didn't notice any precum, but I DID have a canker sore in my mouth during one of the incidents. I'm so scared I can't sleep or eat. Should I test for this?? I tested with one of the guys 1 month after the episode & we were both negative. I tested with the other one 1 week before the episode & we were both negative. I'm worried that one of them may have been in the window period though. I just feel like I can't make it thru the next 2 1/2 months until the window period is over. Has anyone ever contracted HIV from this??

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: freaked about oral sex...please respond new
      #157140 - 07/12/05 05:33 PM

Gwen

I hear your dilema and am so sorry that you are going through this.
Firstly the act you performed is very low risk, VERY LOW RISK. Millions upon Millions perform oral sex everyday yet the HIV dont show a great increase from this act. I cannot say for sure that there was NO risk taken, but you have to put it into perspective.

I do advise you to get tested for your sanity and peace of mind. PLease try to eat and relax.

Richie UK

Anonymous
Unregistered

#157146 - 07/12/05 10:48 PM

Hey! Don't freak out, I'm pretty sure you are safe. I was worried like hell too cuz i kissed a girl and i THINK(not sure) that she bit my lip, but after LITERALLY HOUUURS of research, there's about 0.001% I could get infected, and SO ARE YOU! Even if u had a sore, you explained that you DID NOT notice pre-cum, so you're ok. You should feel MUUCH safe after testing with both guys and confirming they're negative! The chances they were in their window period are EXTREMELY minute, don't worry! Try not to stress or you'll get symptoms from it and then you'll think theyre related to HIV,( happened to me) Calm down, eat well, and pray, really. It'll help ALOT. Take care and be confident of urself, dont put ur health at risk ever again!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#157177 - 07/13/05 05:46 PM

1) to the guy who kissed the girl, you are wrong, there is exactly zero chance that you have HIV. Zero. None. No way. Get on with your life.

2) Gwen, do not test over an oral incident, there are no undisputed cases of oral transmission. None. Zero.

Did you take a penis in the vagina or the butt? no? then you don't have HIV. It's a very simple thing.

jake_the_shake
All Star

Reged: 12/07/04
      #157181 - 07/13/05 07:25 PM

I agree, no need to test, you're fine

Anonymous
Unregistered

#157205 - 07/13/05 11:09 PM

Thanks you guys...I've read/heard so many things about oral sex its very confusing. The general consensus seems to be that oral sex is low risk, though. Getting hit by a bus is also low risk & probably more likely. I still will get tested for peace of mind, but think now that I'm just feeling more guilty about perceiving myself as "slutty" than anything else.

Gwen34
Unregistered

Please help me new
      #157297 - 07/15/05 12:07 PM

Please someone help me with some advice for how to get through the waiting. I've thought of little else other than HIV this week. I scheduled to get a PCR/DNA test done & am now waiting for the results. I keep calling the testing place & they're telling me 3-7 days. I just feel like I can't deal with this. I had cancer 2 years ago & had an abortion 3 months ago. It seems like my life is just unlucky. I've read posts saying that people got HIV from oral sex. Are these true??? I can't sleep or eat...I feel like I should just check myself into the hospital & have them put me on a valium drip until the results come back.
HELP!!!!
Gwen

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Please help me new
      #157312 - 07/15/05 03:35 PM

i know how hard it could be, that was the worse for me in the past, not even 15 days was short enough. this june i was very afraid no cause i thought i realy was in risk, since always had used condoms, just for the other little aspect we think about like. cuts on you hand, possible touch with secretion and such.

well i ewnt and did the 20 minutes test, which is consider accurate.

granted i will do it again in 3 months, cut my wait time, and so my worries

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1483

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3