Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Is HomeAccess safe?
      #156532 - 06/25/05 06:31 AM

I'm beside myself... I have only experimented sexually with one person my whole life that just happens to be a member of the same sex. I knew this person very well and he insists that he doesn't have HIV/AIDS but I no longer know if I can trust him. I just purchased the HomeAccess system but I am deathly afraid to use it because in the back of my mind, I keep thinking that I am risking infection by an unsanitary pricking device in the system and am absolutely terrified of the results. How safe is this system supposed to be? I don't want to be negative but then become positive. I have read all the symptoms for HIV/AIDS and I have a few of them but not all at once or even a few at a time.. I just have headaches sometimes and this morning I had severe cramping followed by diarrhea but they can all be attributed to my lifestyle of staying up until 3-4 am every day and the fact that I had high levels of salty foods last night. I'm terrified of the results so please, anyone, help ease my concerns.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
spiritzone2
Grand Master

Reged: 06/24/05
Loc: PORTLAND ROCKS !!
Re: Is HomeAccess safe? new
      #156664 - 06/29/05 03:52 AM

well MR. ANONYMOUS who is afraid of everything. afraid to register on this site. afraid to test himself. afraid of his own shadow. afraid to find out the truth. what arn't you afraid of? all humans have headache's sometimes. people who are afraid of everything and like to worry needlessly because they are afraid of everything frequently get severe cramping, diarrhea, and other symptoms of STRESS. oUR MINDS ARE VERY POWERFUL. ESPECIALLY IF WE DO NOT CONTROL OUR THOUGHTS. OUR MINDS WILL RUN AWAY WITH OURSELVES. OH WHAT IF THIS AND WHAT IF THAT? dude: get a grip

--------------------
OUR FOCUS DETERMINES OUR REALITY.

debtex
Legend

Reged: 03/21/05
Re: Is HomeAccess safe? new
      #156679 - 06/29/05 04:20 PM

I do not think you need to worry about a dirty needle in the home access test, but my worries about people who take the home access test, are very fearful as it is, and God forbit if your test comes back positive, you would not have proper counseling, or someone there who could help you get thru one of the roughest moments of your life. Testing positive is one of the most life altering situations a person can go thru. I dont think anyone should do it alone.
but as far as the needle goes.......it is not a hollow bore needle.....it is a pin prick. there would be no blood inside that needle (that is the only way to pose a risk with a needle) to have needles with "holes" in them where blood can remain and live. It would be the same as if you took a pin....its not an open needle. You could definitly trust in the needle that comes with the kit.....but if you truly are afraid, I don't think you should be alone for the results.

much love and prayers to you,
debbie

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
2 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 938

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3