Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

all the symptoms/scared to death..pls advise
      #155855 - 06/06/05 01:18 PM

Can anyone please help me.. Here is my tale of Woe.
I had an exposure unprotected oral both ways.. I tasted precum.. Ever since then my life has been hell.
2 days after the event my scrotum was on fire. I went to the doctor and she tested me for syph, gon and cly all came back negative.. I was also given a shot of rosethen and doxycycline (just in case)... 4 day into treatment my testicals felt like they had been kicked.. I went to another doctor and he said I had epidymtitus (sp). I was given 1000mg of Zithromax and told to stay on Doxycyclilne. I was also given gris peg (2 week course) for jock itch and 600 mg and ibiprofun for the pain. the next day I got thrush and pain underneath arm pit. I was a couple days later I was done with the doxyclycline and still on Gris-peg. Then at day 21 my feet started to burn and tingle in the toes and foot. I read at the body about neuropathy and it looks like that is what I have! This has been going on for 8 days. All test so far are coming back negative (but to soon to tell). All this from 20 seconds of insertive and 20 seconds of receptive oral sex. It's been about 30 days since my exposure and I have had it all thrush, neuropothy, swollen nodes, pains in butt, back and legs, hand tremors, night sweats.. and a whole bunch more. I have more floaters in my eyes then I have ever seen... My doctor gave me a pcr viral load test but I am still awaiting the results...
The doctors at thebody.com won't answer me. I am alone, scared and need a friend and advise...

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: all the symptoms/scared to death..pls advise new
      #155868 - 06/06/05 03:05 PM

Why are you calling me a wimp.. I did have an exposure... Wanted some advice.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#155877 - 06/06/05 04:33 PM

i agree you are a wimp just sweat out the window and go test , everyone here has been in the same boat as you so you just need to wait and test if you think you tasted precum from someone who has aids

Anonymous
Unregistered

#155884 - 06/06/05 08:58 PM

From someone with aids? How do you know they weren't just HIV+?

Anonymous
Unregistered

#155885 - 06/06/05 09:04 PM

Your risk is exceptionally low. There has never been a confirmed case of transmission from receiviing oral. There are only a handful of confirmed cases from giving oral...in over 20 years.

Since studies have been shown to inhibit the virus' ability to infect it makes sense that there are very few cases of transmission from giving oral.

You are NOT having ARS. ARS typically appears between 2-4 weeks. The symptoms go away in about a week. They do not come and go. They do not show up one at a time. Many of the things you list as symptoms are not even considered symtpoms. The PN is more a problem from medication or from someone that has been infected for years. Not someone that might have just been infected. Your thrush is more than likely a side effect of the Doxycycline.

All in all your risk is considered very low on the risk scale. Practically nil. Since the majority of people infected will test postive by 6 weeks. A 6 week test will put your mind at ease.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#155886 - 06/06/05 09:05 PM

Thank you for answering
I never said it was someone with aids.. It was a high risk person.. Have been all over these boards today.. Just looking for some advice.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#155887 - 06/06/05 09:20 PM

Thank you for answering.
I was told that my exposure was low risk, but I caught someting and I know that I have been freaking out for almost a straight month now. I guess what is really comes down to now is my swollen testicals and my damn feet. I don't even wear shoes anymore because of this.. The only thing that releaves the sympotms is if I move my feet. I have been moving them alot lately. I've even tried 800 mg of advil and that doesn't work.. any suggestions?

Anonymous
Unregistered

#155897 - 06/07/05 08:33 AM

Its really hard to believe your story. Somehow I feel I have read all this before. What DR gives shots after NEG. tests? What Dr. gives all these test for a non event? You have nothing. If your story is true then you have created it in your mind. The one thing you don't have is HIV or ARS.

Arch

Reged: 05/29/05
      #156003 - 06/08/05 12:39 AM

Hey man, hang in there. I am very scared too. I have had just about every single HIV sypmtom. I had unprotected sex with my (now ex) girlfriends in March. I have been in a living Hell ever since. I have been tested for HIV twice since then (negative at 4 and 8.5 weeks). I also had my ex tested (negative at 8 weeks). Everybody keeps telling me not to sweat it that one of us would have showerd antibodies by now (an 8 week test is about 90% accurate). I hope they are right. My 13 week test is now only a week away. I am scared to death. Wish me luck, and I wish you the best too.

Here is a very helpful site...
www.aidsmeds.com

Peace,
Arch

Anonymous
Unregistered

#156014 - 06/08/05 01:18 PM

My doctor gave me a shot for the simple fact that the confirmation test could not come back soon enough and the symptoms matched the cause.
I did catch something that was confirmed... Can it happen through oral...yes... I didn't make any of this up
Would I want to make this up in my mind? no
Do I live in big fear everyday. Yes
You do not know what I have been through and yet you make judgement.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#156029 - 06/08/05 06:58 PM

Several things can be gotten from oral that have nothing to do with HIV. They don't give shots to clear up HIV. They give shots to clear up baterial infections.

Don't cry about your fear. Your risk was extremely low...well almost nill and you have tested negative. Any stress that you feel you have brought upon yourself by letting your mind run away with you.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#156030 - 06/08/05 07:01 PM

Since Mass. now uses a 6 week window I'd say your 8 week test is much more than just 90%.

You aren't infected. I hope you haven't screwed up your life too much by the time you realize that.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#156620 - 06/27/05 10:10 PM

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/aunknownstdviralillness/

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3990

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3