Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

HIV infection
      #155737 - 06/01/05 06:48 PM

I had a possible HIV exposure about five years ago. I have been living in fear of having HIV ever since. I haven't been tested out of fear and am wondering what kind of symptoms would somebody experience if any after five years if they were infected without treatment? I notice an overall weakness in my body and find my legs to be weak sometimes and little things like reaching for something with my arms gives me a dull ache. There isnt anything else too abnormal but everyday the thought of infection haunts my mind. i know the only way to find out for sure is to test but am just curious about if someone were to be positive and go five years without treatment what kind of symptoms would they have experienced. Thank you for your time.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: HIV infection new
      #155762 - 06/02/05 03:05 PM

So let me get this straight: you are too scared to get tested and instead you've decided to terrify yourself by investigating symptoms?
Not logical. This nightmare you are living could be over in a matter of days or hours yet you choose to live it over and over?
What is it you really want? Self mutiliation? Punishment? Forgiveness? All those things you can get if you want. Or you can move on with your life by starting fresh, get a test...and no matter the result at least you know what to do.
as for symptoms.....the list is endless, endlessly complicated, and your body will create what it reads anyway.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: HIV infection new
      #155764 - 06/02/05 03:19 PM

Well I'm well past 5 years, almost double...so I need to ask because I guess something didn't happen that should have happened. What symptoms?

At 5 years you could still not be showing any symtoms.

You could test and know for sure......or you can sit in hell for another 5-8 years and see if you have to start dealing with something like PCP.

Just go get tested.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1332

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3