Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Arch
Unregistered

PLEASE HELP!!! Your opinion: Am I infected?
      #155395 - 05/29/05 06:50 PM

Hi, I am a white, 21 year old heterosexual male from rural Pennsylvania. Currently I have never had any high risk behaviors. Never had homosexual contact, multiple partners, one night stands, IV drug use, etc. I have had sex with 3 girls in my lifetime. All white girls age 18-22 here in my small town in rural Pennsylvania. Well I started dating this girl in February. We were set up through a mutual friend. I personally did not know her before this time. Well he both got tested soon after dating. We were both clean. We used condoms everytime, except once in mid-March. A little over one month after the sex, I began getting sick. It began with very painful dry eyes and mouth. After a few days I began getting severe headaches. I went to the emergency room. I had a cat scan, MRI, blood count, and spinal tap, all showed nothing. Now over a month after my illness began, I have a wide variety of unexplainable symptoms: migraines, neuropathy, sore throat, stuffy nose, fatigue, muscle ache, abdominal pain, weakness, shakiness, anxiety, and dry eyes. The symptoms come and go. Somedays I have them all, somedays I just have a headache. But its always somethin. I havnt had a day of peace since mid April. Me and my girlfriend (now my ex) both went and got retested about 70 days after teh unprotected sex. We both tested negative. We also had both of our previosu partners tested (both negative). She is the only sex I have had in a year. It is now about 80 days after the sex. I have been tested twice for HIV1, HIV2, and AIDs twice, both negatives. She has been tested once since, negative. I am going to be retested again at 90 days. The CDC says that the vast majority will test positive 4 to 6 weeks after contact, but a 3 month test is 97% accurate. And only 3% have to wait 6 months, less than 1% have to wait beyond 6 months. So with that said, can somebody give me their personal opinion? Am I at high risk? I have developed horrible symptoms that wont go away. But I have written copies of everybody's test results. All say non-reactive for HIV/AIDs, and Hepatitis. We were all tested at large hospitals with a 2-week waiting period for results. How accurate are these test results? Can I relax if we test negative again at 3 months? And is there anything else that can be causing these symptoms? Possibly an auto-immune disorder? Please respond to me, I am desperate. Here is my AOL name: archdogg879: talk to me anytime. Pray for me. Thank you!!!

Peace,
Arch

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: PLEASE HELP!!! Your opinion: Am I infected? new
      #155574 - 05/30/05 07:59 AM

Test

13 weeks after your exposure thats the only way you can know

i expect you to be negative because your not hi risk but still you are va risk so test.

do not rely on symptoms ok?

Dr John

Anonymous
Unregistered

#155576 - 05/30/05 09:04 AM

Let's see, you tested together. Then you also test 70 days after the both of you stopped having sex with each other, which I imagine is MORE than 90 days after sex with other people...then in addition you then got your past partners tested, which I'm sure was also more than 90 days since you'd been with any of them. All negative. How much more negative do you need in order to see that you are infected?

Anonymous
Unregistered

#155582 - 05/30/05 10:36 AM

massachusetts aids commitee says 6 weeks is the window , test at that time

Arch

Reged: 05/29/05
      #155739 - 06/01/05 07:06 PM

Thank you for the advice. We are both going to be retested at 13 weeks. June 15 is D-Day for me (3 montsh after exposure). Hopefully we will finally put an end to this and be able to move on. I would imagine that if we both test negative at 13 weeks that there is basically NO chance I have it. Thanks.

Peace,
Arch

Anonymous
Unregistered

#156580 - 06/26/05 08:52 PM

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/aunknownstdviralillness/

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
2 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1825

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3