Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
joeyjojo8

Reged: 01/06/01
Got first test results back
      #15493 - 02/09/01 12:20 PM

NEGATIVE! I posted some time ago regarding one time uprotected hetero intercourse with a Thai prostitute (please don't comment on how stupid that was). I had a bDNA test done and it came back negative. I will do a follow up antibody test shortly. By the way, bDNA tests directly for the virus, not quite as sensitive as the PCR. I STILL have symptoms though and altough my anxiety level is now less, I am still freaked out about symptoms (lymph nodes and rashes). No other STD's were found and I'm thinking of getting a HEP C test (I was vaccinated for HEP A & B so it's not those). Damn those symptoms. I went to the doctor and she said "it could be anything" especially coming from Asia. Little comfort there. My HMO is not keen on spending lots of money on tests for "who knows what". She suggested I get mental health counseling. Least she's right about that! I think only follow up confirmations of negative tests will put my mind at ease. I TRY not to focus at all on symptoms but IT IS difficult. Good Luck to all Joe

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
KitG
Expert

Reged: 01/15/01
I think you should re-title your post! new
      #15494 - 02/09/01 01:07 PM

Don't want people getting the wrong idea!

Great news about your negative result. I and others are going through the same symptom thing, so you're not alone there.

Mental health counselling is a good idea, but depends greatly on the knowledge, attitude and theoretical approach of the counsellor. At least, that's my opinion based on my experiences.

Have you considered medication? Paroxetene helped me a lot in terms of coping. I could let you know more about my experiences there, obviously its not everyone's ideal, but worth at least considering.

I wish I could think of more, but I'm sure others will be here to offer advice. Sounds like you're doing all the right things.

joeyjojo8

Reged: 01/06/01
Re: I think you should re-title your post! new
      #15520 - 02/09/01 08:12 PM

Thanks KitG... I changed the subject title! As you can see the neUroPaThy is setting in...! Joe ; )

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1236

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3