Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Lymph Nodes
      #15263 - 01/30/01 09:05 PM

I had unprotected sex with a girl about three months ago and I recently started to have swollen lymph nodes on just one side of my neck behind my ear. It was the weirdest thing ever because i read about how thic could be a symptom and I began to feel them for couple day period and now I dont know if ive irratated them to be like this or if they are really swollen. It has been kinda off and on for about a week or two. No other lymph nodes are swollen though. My question is would other lymph nodes be swollen to or not?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
JTAnon
Regular

Reged: 01/29/01
Re: Lymph Nodes new
      #15269 - 01/31/01 08:15 AM

First of all, remember what we've all said about HIV...DON'T DIAGNOSE VIA SYMPTOMS.

Secondly, from what I've read about acute retroviral syndrome/primary hiv infection - HIV hones in on the lymphatic system. That is to say - generally. I don't think that it would cause swelling in a few nodes, it would be generalized. Localized lymph node tenderness or swelling would lead me to believe a localized infection. For example, when I get a canker sore in my mouth, a node or two within that vicinity will become tender.

Third - 3 months seems late for the onset of ARS. This usually occurs within 2-4 weeks of infection.

I'm not a doctor but I'm giving you my 2 cents.

Its been 3 months since your exposure. Go and get tested. That's the only way to get this behind you.

Take care and God Bless.

JTAnon

altazar
Expert

Reged: 11/14/00
      #15293 - 01/31/01 04:48 PM

jt is right ,2 to 4 weeks on ars. but if you are concerend like wel have all said before ,just please take a test before you stress your self out ,best of luck ,Alt

Anonymous
Unregistered

#15295 - 01/31/01 04:54 PM

Thanx for the reply, I guess the only way you can know for sure is to get tested and thats what ive done today, Ive also been wondering what the chances of contracting the virus if youve only had sex with the person once? i am a male also and and my partner was a female?I also did contract chlamydia from it and i was wondering if anyone has any ratios or any nubers on this?

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4101

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3