Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
veryconfused
Unregistered

Does HIV show up in a gynecological test??
      #1520 - 04/02/00 10:08 PM

I am not sure if I have contracted the HIV virus. I had unprotected sex with a man a little more than 6 months ago. I recently had my regular gynecological check-up and a test done on my vaginal fluids. I didn't tell my doctor about my worry and when the test came back with the results she didn't mention anything about it and said I was fine. If I would have had the HIV virus would it have shown up in the test results or does the lab person have to be specifically looking for it?

About a week ago I have developed a rash, like little mosquito bites. Although I think it could be psychological (because I started reading about AIDS and symptoms about 2 weeks ago). Does this mean anything? I haven't presented any of the other symptoms you talk about besides a flu that I have already been treated for a month ago.

Thank you for your help.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
grant
Unregistered

Re: Does HIV show up in a gynecological test?? new
      #1522 - 04/02/00 10:09 PM

Unless you asked for an HIV test they would not give it to you--so ask for it from your doctor or go to a public health clinic. You have to ask to be tested for any sexually transmitted disease.
Grant

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1904

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3