Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
happyashell
Unregistered

11 months and still negative!!!!
      #14996 - 01/22/01 07:13 PM

7 negative EIA's hiv 1/2, neg pcr dna, no viral load all out till 11 months. What are the odds I still may convert? Concerned becausse of on going symptoms.

Thanks

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
KitG
Expert

Reged: 01/15/01
Re: 11 months and still negative!!!! new
      #14998 - 01/22/01 07:39 PM

According to the experts and the statistics, your negative ELISAs and PCR DNA at 11 months are as good as conclusive, so from that perspective, you're right to be happy as hell. From the tone of your post, however, you still seem a bit concerned.

Could you specify what your ongoing symptoms are? Also are you able to say what your exposure risk was?

Many thanks
KitG

hornyashell
Unregistered

#15000 - 01/22/01 09:45 PM

my trojan broke, i'm a guy and it was with a girl, i think, had a couple 13, 14 to many that night. I realized the ruber broke so I called a time out and put on a new uniform. It was pretty standard stuff me on top her down below. we weren't doing it IOWAGiaN style if you no what I mean, nooooooo butt play. this was back in Feb of 2000,

Symptoms: hot flashes, coated tongue, tired, loss weight, sore joints, etc.

I would like to let go one of these days, i'm getting lonely...........I haven't had a clear head for the last 6 months. I use to be funny, romantic, horny. But this is kind of a main issue with me right now, I don't want to worry that I could infect someone. My new nick name is buzz kill. I haven't shared my concerns with any of my friends or family. They all just think I slipped and bumped my head, or did some bad acid...........

Clouseau
Unregistered

#15020 - 01/22/01 11:46 PM

I presume you have gone to seven different doctors, hospitals, clinics etc. Otherwise, if you have been going to the same doctor for eleven months he is irresponsible. YOU DO NOT HAVE HIV. TRUST ME. I have seen too many people make a single carnal mistake and develop every symptom known to mankind and immediately decide it can only be HIV. The symptoms may be from just stress, or they may be symptoms of another disease much easier to transmit than HIV. It could be you really have some disease which is going untreated because you are running from one doc to another.

LISTEN ALL YOU WORRIED WELL! if you are having symptoms and you slipped up recently in the carnal department (Had unsafe sex of any kind with someone whose health status you may be unsure of) Start at your doctor or clinic. Let them review your symptoms first and attempt a diagnosis (That is THEIR job). I know you will not be convinced no matter what they say. So, then get a general STD screen for all STD's and add in hepatitis A B and C for good measure and of course HIV. You must wait three months for the HEP and HIV tests to be reliable.

If at three months you are still having symptoms and the doctor cannot diagnose your illness it is time to give it up and realize that you are one of the worried well and need to stop obsessing or to get a refferal to a psychiatrist. (Not a psychologist, you will need medication). Let him/her diagnose an antidepressent and an anxiety medication. If your symptoms are cleared up by the medication then it is all in your mind. Stick with the psych until you get the demon under control.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#15022 - 01/23/01 06:37 AM

Dear friend, your symptom is pure anxiety. I have experience the same and all symptom will be gone after two to three weeks of antidepressant. Go and get some help. We have no problem. Trust me.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1626

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3