Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
SCARED2DEATH

Reged: 01/15/01
SOMEBODY PLEASE RESPOND
      #14736 - 01/15/01 06:34 PM

So here is yet another account of risky activity followed by agonizing neuroses that I can't shake. In the month of December I had four instances of receptive oral sex without ejaculation. Being gay, I am in a high risk population. The first two had either no or very little precum, but I'm not sure.(asked one of them his status, he said negative) The third I had a fair amount of exposure to precum, but he did say he was tested recently and he was negative. Then the fourth, performed oral sex on him, I know there was precum, and AFTER the fact, asked him his status: he told me he was POSITIVE. And I had brushed my teeth an hour before this happened. Totally freaked out, got an MD friend to prescribe the post-exposure prophylaxis regimen for a high risk exposure. (Zerit, Viramune and Videx, 14 days) I know the regimen, I work in HIV. Couldn't take a chance. So then I did the regimen, and approximately a week after the last exposure, developed a low-grade fever, 99.6 at the highest, though I think this could be due to anxiety. Also on the same day devloped a lesion on my chest that lasted for a week. Went to my doctor, who said the seroconversion rash had more than one lesion, looked like a fungal infection. Then last week I developed a kind-of sore throat for one day...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!! I'm going crazy, am I seroconverting? I have found one case report of oral transmission without ejaculation. I'm driving myself crazy. What do you think? What are the odds? Does anyone know anecdotally of a case of oral transmssion? Should I do the PCR at one month? PLEASE, SOMEBODY, GIVE ME AN HONEST ANSWER AS TO WHAT YOU THINK MY RISK IS AND THE SYMPTOMS I'VE EXPERIENCED...............

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
mental_case
Guardian

Reged: 08/20/00
Re: SOMEBODY PLEASE RESPOND new
      #14739 - 01/15/01 07:18 PM

i know i will regret this but for some reason feel you are sincere. CHILL OUT!!!!!
first off if you worked in hiv you know better but you are a
low risk and you took the pep you should be fine.
by the way 99.6 is not a fever.
calm down

Clouseau
Unregistered

#14751 - 01/16/01 12:42 AM

You work in HIV and are asking us these questions. You may know the regimen but you don't know much else. First things first, remember this the rest of your life (If in fact you have much longer to live) "A STIFF DICK HAS NO CONSCIENCE". You ask these people if they have HIV while they are dropping their pants, what the hell do you expect them to say? They would tell you anything you want to hear. The odds don't mean [censored]. The risk is still real, sorry to tell you. (Especially four friggin times). Forget the PCR, it might be false positive and if you are not really going through ARS it might show false negative. Get an antibody test at three months and follow up in six if you need further proof. Take the money you would have wasted on a PCR and buy a case of condoms and don't leave home without em! There are a hell of a lot of other STDs you can get from giving oral. As for your regimen remember this too "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, Except in this case there is no cure, just two tons of palliative medication"

Clouseau
Unregistered

#14753 - 01/16/01 02:00 AM

Now that I have your attention. The honest answer is we do not know. There are people who participate in extremely risky behavior all the time and never get infected. There are partners in clinically observed sero-discordant couples who never get infected or take years to become infected with or without safe sex procedures, and there are those who become infected after one seemingly low risk encounter. Yours may have been a low risk event but multiply the events and the risk gets greater. The spectrum of ASR symptoms is too broad and too similar to other illnesses to even guess. The only answer is to get tested. Good Luck.

Ex_Male_Slut
Fanatic

Reged: 11/02/00
      #14761 - 01/16/01 01:40 PM

Brilliant post Clouseau, I absolutely agree with what you say, this is a high risk case - and your advice is quite timely. During my window period and after my 3 month HIV negative result I had to take a hard look at my own sexual conduct with an aim to securing a safer, less stressful future.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1772

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3