Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Doctor said Relax retest in 6 months. Yea Right!
      #145691 - 05/11/05 09:15 PM

I can't shake this thing. PCR <50 at 20 days post exposure, but have you ever had a feeling that something is wrong with your body? Well, from a rash on my back and face, sore throat, and gastrointestianl problems. God, I feel like my stomach is going through 1000 spasms. It makes me think I have gas.

Today, 8 weeks later, I feel like a truck hit me. My body aches. It's kind of like getting an immunization on your arm. Dyou remember how sore you got after your shot. Well, my body feels like that shot but all over.

My wife has the same symptoms. I had unprotected sex with her three days after exposure. So I go to the doc, who won't any longer see me because he thinks I'm going crazy!

He said test again in 6 months. Kiss my ass! I know that I'm not alone. I can't figure out what the cause of all of these symptoms are.

I'm worried!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
shadow1
Legend

Reged: 12/06/00
Re: Doctor said Relax retest in 6 months. Yea Right! new
      #145696 - 05/12/05 12:14 AM

For a little information; if you had been infected at 20 days you would have shown no signs on any test. Stress and worry can cause all of the symptoms you have described. If you really think you have contracted something go to the local health department and take an antibodies test, if what you are actually going through is ARS you will test HIV+, if not retake the test at 13 weeks which will be a conclusive result no matter what the outcome.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1060

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3