Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Just a Friend
Unregistered

K-Nine, & rest of the symptomatic HIV Neg group
      #14444 - 01/04/01 09:26 AM

I too, have had the same types of symptoms. If yours have been as bad as mine, I can assure you that they are not in your head.

For me it has been over 2 years since I first got sick. On the plus side, the symptoms have gone from almost completely debilitating to the point where now it is just more of nuisance on most days.

While the symptoms seem to most closley match HIV, I have had a recent test which is 2 years out and I am negative.

The reason that I keep checking this board is not because I think that I have HIV, but because the symptoms are so close, that I am sure that many people here are going through the same thing.

After a ton of different tests, the only thing that consistently shows up outside of normal limits on me, is that my CD8+ cells are low. With CD4+ cells being on the upper end of normal, this is completly the opposite of what you might see if the cause of my illness were HIV.

Lately there have been a few articles printed on reduced immune function with normal cd4s and low CD8s and HIV neg. The articles relate these findings with syndroms such as Gulf War Syndromes, Chronic Fatigue syndromes and Fibromyalagia(SP)syndromes.

I would be very interested to see if other people with symtpoms such as mine have simaliar T-cell tests. I have found that it is difficult to get a DR to do a TCell test but after being rather insistant he did it.

If you are going through the same thing, try and get your physician to do a tcell test, post your results and maybe we will start seeing a trend.

Just A Friend

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: K-Nine, & rest of the symptomatic HIV Neg group new
      #14447 - 01/04/01 02:18 PM

If I remain sick for another month I'm gonna do a cd count............

Anonymous
Unregistered

#14449 - 01/04/01 04:21 PM

My Doctor tells me it can take years to produce enough antibodies to test positive.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#14450 - 01/04/01 04:29 PM

WHAT ABOUT DOING PCR TEST? DID THEY SAY IF THOSE WOULD TAKE YEARS TO SHOW POSITIVE?

Anonymous
Unregistered

#14451 - 01/04/01 04:33 PM

YOUR DOCTOR IS AN IDIOT!! FIND A NEW ONE

Anonymous
Unregistered

#14462 - 01/04/01 05:23 PM

My doctor told me that there were only 9 HIV+ people in our state. Our doctor's must have gone to the same school of uneducated idiots!

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Your DR new
      #14467 - 01/04/01 06:32 PM

Tell your Doctor to get the bone out of his nose and put the dead chickens away we are in a new century!

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1771

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3