Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

What is "Rare"?
      #14344 - 12/30/00 02:28 PM

What is the meaning of "rare" to test positive after 3 months? Anyone have any info on this?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: What is "Rare"? new
      #14345 - 12/30/00 02:51 PM

rare might be the wrong word. not common may be better......

Anonymous
Unregistered

#14350 - 12/30/00 04:33 PM

Who really knows? I've read many different opinions. One example I've read was on WEBMD on the message board with Dr. Loveless. The post was dated 12/4 "closing the Window" It states that it is rare, like 1-25. Now this to me, is not a rare number. 1-1000, 1-500, 1-100 even but 1-25 that's not to uncommon if that is the case. Who really knows though, there is plenty of information and studies being done so go with your own comfort.

Anonymous
Unregistered

truth be known new
      #14362 - 12/31/00 03:00 PM

Science will never be able to run the controlled test, to give an accurate answer to this question. All the information is based on such small testing groups. I truely believe that it may be around 95% at 6 months, but that 5% scares the hell out of me. I don't believe just because one is already having health problems, it would take longer to convert. I really don't think it has anything to do but luck..

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: truth be known new
      #14364 - 12/31/00 04:16 PM

I think you have posted several messages referring to this 95% accuracy rate. But you have never stated how long you think a person should wait to be certain they are not infected? What is your opinion?

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: truth be known new
      #14366 - 12/31/00 09:24 PM

and just what special hiv training do you have that makes you able to dispute all the info out there.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#14375 - 01/01/01 12:55 PM

The CDC is the organization that gets information from everywhere. State organizations get their info from just their state. BIG difference. The information out there is just too vague. EX. SFAF says 95%, NY- 99%, CDC- over 50% by 3 months. Sound vague? Call the CDC and ask them how many people seroconvert after 3 months. If the window was clear cut 3 months, the CDC would say so. We're talking if it was even close like 98-99% or even 95%. They would tell you that. Some people say 4 months, How can we be sure? Answer: WE CAN'T.

Anonymous
Unregistered

the 1st post of the new year is crap new
      #14376 - 01/01/01 03:44 PM

over 50% by 3months?
Nowhere does it say that!!
If you bothered reading what the cdc says it states and I quote "the average time of seroconversion is 25 days" they also state:
"it is extremely rare to seroconvert after 3 months!"
now it may be hard to understand for a simpleton but that means that 50% convert in 25 days.
(look up average in the dictionary).
Please post something useful not misunderstood facts from the worried well.

AnomJS
Grand Master

Reged: 11/05/00
      #14377 - 01/01/01 04:35 PM

Great. Thanks for the information. This is what I need to see.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#14378 - 01/01/01 07:13 PM

This post is not to disturb or frighten people. It is the facts, plain and simple. The human body is a complex thing and it varies from person to person, simple as that. There haven't been enough studies to accurately asses all situations pertaining to antibody production. They don't know for sure if alcohol or antibiotics or lack of sleep or stress, etc. hinders antibody production. They can't be sure. If they were sure, all the information wouldn't vary so much. It's your opinion if you think I'm an idiot. If you really think about it, I'm not an idiot, just logical.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#14379 - 01/01/01 07:15 PM

over 50% by 3months?
Nowhere does it say that!!
If you bothered reading what the cdc says it states and I quote "the average time of seroconversion is 25 days" they also state:
"it is extremely rare to seroconvert after 3 months!"
now it may be hard to understand for a simpleton but that means that 50% convert in 25 days.
(look up average in the dictionary).
Please post something useful not misunderstood facts from the worried well.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#14381 - 01/01/01 10:50 PM

In fifteen years of this epidemic, you're saying
that there hasn't been enough studies??

Get your head out of the sand and do some REAL research. There will always be exceptions to the rule in anything that has to deal with medicine. NOTHING is 100%.

My advice to you is to stay inside, because you may get hit in the head by the spacestation MIR. Please stick to facts before you start posting.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#14428 - 01/03/01 06:52 PM

Okay Simpleton average does NOT mean 50%. "Median" means 50%. If 2 seroconvert at 45 days and 2 seroconvert at 5 days the average is 25 days. look it up.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3245

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3