Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Judy
Unregistered

Bartholin's Glands - Recurring
      #14240 - 12/26/00 04:56 AM

Thanks for reading....I have been experiencing bumps on my labia several times during the past six months. They start out hard under the skin and sometimes come to a head like a pimple. I have been to the doctor and they have described them as pimples, but more specifically clogged or infected glands, I think called Bartholin's Glands. After having unprotected sex at the end of last year, I took an HIV test after four months of contact because I was so nervous and was experiencing symptoms (yeast infection and a low WB cell count. The WB count returned to normal with the next test and I have not experienced any more yeast infections). Thankfully at that time the test was negative. Since then I have been monogomous with one partner. My fear is that these bumps are a symptom of HIV. I have looked up the infection of the Bartholin's glands, but there is no explanation for the cause. Can this be a symptom of HIV? I am once again very nervous that I may be infected. Should I get tested again? Or is this just a normal bodily mishap with my fears running wild? Please advise...Very Nervous! Thanks for any insight! Happy Holidays!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Bartholin's Glands - Recurring new
      #14241 - 12/26/00 08:01 AM

There is always fear if you are thinking of it all the time. 4 months is done. If and only if you are really scared, go get tested now and forget about it forever. ARS is much earlier, it is not a HIV related sign.
Have a great holiday.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#14242 - 12/26/00 10:38 AM

no need for another test. Go see a gynecologist because your problem isnt HIV-related.

PVS
Guru

Reged: 09/19/00
      #14250 - 12/26/00 01:06 PM

Hi and happy holidays Judy. A negative antibody test at 4 months is excellent! I would continue working with a doctor regarding the bumps on your labia. Try not to stress regarding HIV because you had a negative result.

Take care! == PVS

Anonymous
Unregistered

PVS! new
      #14264 - 12/27/00 04:06 AM

Hi PVS,

You said "a negative antibody test at 4 months is excellent", do you mean the person in this case has no hiv at all? Excuse me for my stupid question....

PVS
Guru

Reged: 09/19/00
Re: PVS! new
      #14269 - 12/28/00 12:14 AM

Hi there. I am no doctor but have been told often enough by aids orgs, counsellors and even doctors that a negative antibody test done after 3 months is sufficient proof that a person is negative. Also, think of it this way, if the person was in Europe, Australia or Canada - 4 months really means negative because their window period is 3 months.
Hey, the only stupid question is the one you dont ask! =)
Take care and sorry for the delay, real life has caught up with me. Cheers! == PVS

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2816

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3