Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
PLEASE HELP ME!
Unregistered

I Didn't know? Was very ignorant! SCARED!!!! PLS
      #140140 - 04/15/05 04:33 AM

I am new to the gay scene. My boyfriend and I have been dating for nearly 11 weeks and we both tested negative on our HIV test. After we got our test result we started to bareback. But I found out that you really need to wait a period of 3 to 6 months in order to be accurate with the test results.

Have I put myself at risk for HIV? We have been very faithful to one another. I am scared, because my ignorance put me in harm way. Is 11 weeks a good sign that both of us is HIV negative..........

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
MikeyUk
Unregistered

Re: I Didn't know? Was very ignorant! SCARED!!!! PLS new
      #140147 - 04/15/05 10:11 AM

I'd be very confident that your fine - I live in the UK but generally newer testing can detect antibodies no problems within the time frame you went. There are several tests your doc will do: 1 is an ELISA Antibody test which would pick up 95% of positive poeple within about a month ELISA Duo AG/AB tests would look for both the antigen (the start of the virus which shows after a couple of weeks) and then the antibody (that apears when the antigens no longer) regardless i'm no expert but feel you should be very very confident good luck !

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: I Didn't know? Was very ignorant! SCARED!!!! PLS new
      #140174 - 04/15/05 06:50 PM

If you both took the test and did not have other contacts during the 11 weeks you both are NEG. An 8 week test would have told you that. Are you putting youself at risk--YES HOW? by trusting your partner and he you. Hate to sound rude but guys just can't seem to keep their pecker under control and many times infection is caused by one or the other straying. That's the facts ,so if I were you I would ALWAYS use a condom. You are much too young to Fu## up your life.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1029

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3