Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

He tested neg...does this mean I am neg????
      #139640 - 04/04/05 02:59 PM

I have written before about a possible exposure in the middle of December. I have been trying to work up the courage to get tested and I think I am ready. I contacted the guy I was with, my risk was unprotected anal receiver and no ejaculation, and he said he tested two months ago and he is negative for HIV and other STD's. Can I go on this to put my mind at ease? I still am going to get tested but the fear is still overwhelming. Any thoughts?????????

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: He tested neg...does this mean I am neg???? new
      #139644 - 04/04/05 04:54 PM

Nobody on the internet can tell you for sure if this guy has any std's or not, only you know him. If you really do trust him and he did indeed test negative two months ago, then that is a good sign. Obviously you can get something from someone who doesn't have it. Even if he is pos, the odds of you getting hiv from your one time exposure without ejaculation is generally pretty low. Go get tested,it's the only way to put your mind at ease and this incident behind you. I know it's scary, but remember everything is in your favor for a negative result. Good luck!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#139655 - 04/04/05 07:49 PM

Thank you so much for responding. He seemed very sincere but then again one can't be too trusting. I am planning on making an appointment to get tested on Wednesday. Unfortanately our clinic does not do the rapid testing so I know the next two weeks are going to be awwwfffuuulll. But right now I am at a point that my anxiety is killing me and I need to know for sure. I'll let you know how it turns out - hopefully in my favor. Thanks again!

Tested
Unregistered

#139665 - 04/05/05 01:50 AM

If you know this guys sex history and you were his only partner between his HIV test and your encounter with him... then I would say you are negative.

But if you are unsure about his history, I'd say you should get tested. But I'm sure it'll be for nothing. The chances of you having HIV is zero in my mind. Take are next time so that you won't have to go through this again.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#139670 - 04/05/05 09:23 AM

I called a number I found online looking for an HIV stesting center in my home town and wouldn't you know it...they found a site that I can test anonymously at and find out the next day. It is FDA approved. I feel so much better about doing it anonymously especially for health insurance reasons....I have none. I am going to get tested Wednesday afternoon and I call on Thursday to find out. Please pray for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am expecting the worse but HOPING for the best!!!!!!

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1566

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3