Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sore throat, please help
      #139391 - 03/30/05 02:27 AM

I was wondering of anyone can answer my question. I'm a male and I tested negative ofr hiv after 9 weeks of hving unprotected vaginal sex, but I have been having s sore throat for like a month now, I dont think its hiv since I tested negative at 9 weeks, im going for my final 13 week test soon. Is my hiv test relaible? My throat really bugs me at times and sometimes it doesnt so much, does anyone know of any std that could cause this, and if so what test should I have, or could it be something else?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Sore throat, please help new
      #139405 - 03/30/05 11:19 AM

Your 9 week test is neg you are NEG. Forget the 13wk stuff. 9wks is plenty. When you start to believe you are in fact NEG ,guess what; your sore throat will disappear.

blue77
Unregistered

#139407 - 03/30/05 11:38 AM

i heard actually that 6 weeks is even accurate enough, but for the general public, health professionals keep this loom of 12 weeks even 6 months sometimes, i guess to reduce any unaccounted-for risk.

Woody24
Unregistered

#139419 - 03/30/05 02:49 PM

Your 9 week negative test result is an excellent indicator of your sero status. If you feel that you put your self at risk then no one would deny you the peace of mind of testing out to 13 weeks to remove any doubt. Having said that your symptoms do not sound indicative of ARS given their ongoing nature. Maybe you should visit your doctor for him to run other tests if your symptoms continue to persist.

woody24
Unregistered

#139424 - 03/30/05 04:53 PM

I think that you should probably follow up with a 6 month to remove any doubts.

woody24

Reged: 03/30/05
      #139435 - 03/30/05 06:02 PM

ok if you don;t like the advise that I give out then all you have to do is ignore it, not play petty games and try and impersonate me- so whoever you are grow up!!! F.Y.I I would never recommend testing out to 6 months unless the person is severely immonosupressed.

From now on I I will only ever reply to posts from this registered account. Its pretty sad really that it has resorted to this kind of pettiness.

Woody

blue77
Unregistered

#139461 - 03/31/05 08:33 AM

it's cool woody, just keep those advise coming..i think people can filter the crap out ;-)

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3615

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3