Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

How safe are Condoms?
      #139268 - 03/25/05 08:17 PM

Hey,

I am a 21 year old bisexual who was wondering how safe condoms actually are during gay sex?

Since my last test I have had anal sex, me recieving twice from the same guy. I was wondering what the chances are of contracting the virus from safe sex. The guy I had sex with says he practises safe sex all the time but does have frequent sex with others.

Its just a niggle at the back of my mind and was wondering if safe sex is actually that safe

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
woody24
Unregistered

Re: How safe are Condoms? new
      #139287 - 03/26/05 01:43 PM

Condoms are considered to be highly effective against HIV transmission provided they are used correctly.

To provide adequate protection during anal sex, you should be using extra strong condoms and plenty of water based lube.

From your recent sexual encounters I would say you have nothing to worry about in terms of HIV as it sounds like you did practice safer sex.

Regards

Woody

Anonymous
Unregistered

#139307 - 03/27/05 01:09 PM

if you want the truth here it is. Condoms are safe as long as all goes well. Look at the things however that can go wrong. Never know if the guy puts it on right, precum gets on it as he roles it the wrong way at first. condom slips off during sex, CONDOM BREAKS during sex. on and on.

You are Bi that means you are having sex with women too. Good, I hope you use condoms to protect them from your activities. hey don't get me wrong, I like gay sex too. I'll tell you what i do to limit the risk I make sure The condom is on right and insist he does NOT cum in me even with a condom. Not as much fun but still can have a good time. Good luck.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#139308 - 03/27/05 01:51 PM

I have to say I find your comments completely insulting! So you assume that gay sex is some how dirty? is that it? - "I hope that you are using condoms to protect them from your activities" - hmm so no-one ever contracted HIV from having hetero sex!! Also the types of user error that you have reported can and do exist for people practising hetero and gay sex, its not a case that gay men are more stupid and don;t know how to put on a condom!! Geez think before you friggin type!!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#139309 - 03/27/05 03:13 PM

its not a case that gay men are more stupid and don;t know how to put on a condom!! <
Well I can see you are a kid. Nothing I said was meant to be insulting. If you can read, I have gay sex. The point was things happen and yes you should protect anyone from contacting anything you or they have. If you [like me] are having lots of sex patners you stand a HIGHER RISK than others;get it??? So if you have half a brain take my advise, if nrt I guess I really don't give a darn about what happens to you as long as you don't pass it on..

Anonymous
Unregistered

#139310 - 03/27/05 03:22 PM

yep shows what kind of lovely compassionate person you are pal. You have just confirmed it!!

For your infomation I know how to protect myself thankyou and i take the appropriate steps just as a lot of other people do be they gay or straight. It was differentiation between hetero and gay sex that I found offensive. You should be protecting your self no matter what your sexuality is! I do give a darn about what happens to you and anyone else that comes on this forum, I wouldn't wish that on anyone. Still as I said it shows what kind of person you are.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#139317 - 03/27/05 07:29 PM

For your infomation I know how to protect myself thankyou and i take the appropriate steps just as a lot of other people do be they gay or straight.<

Oh really? Then why were you asking such a simple question about condoms? Grow up!! I gave you some good free advice; which BTW you are asking for in this forum. If you think things don't sometimes go bad during sex you have alot to learn.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#139711 - 04/06/05 06:56 AM

"Oh really? Then why were you asking such a simple question about condoms? Grow up!!"

Um, well considering I am the person who asked the original question and have only just got round to reading this I would suggest you think before who is posting as the annonymous person.

Thanks for the first couple of replies but it seems to have fallen into a petty squabble which doesnt show maturity.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3946

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3