Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes, another oral worry wort!
      #139054 - 03/21/05 11:32 AM

About 3 years ago, I was the insertive partner in fellatio. I do not know the HIV status of the guy that "performed". In fact, I had never met him in my life. (stupid, I know) However, after this incident, I came down with the worst sore throat of my life that lasted about 3-4 weeks. I really didn't have any other symptoms that were flu-like. (fever, chills..etc.) I also had some strange "blisters" in my mout that were filled with some sort of clear fluid. One or two at a time but that's is. Now I know that oral is low risk, however, a few minutes after the incident I reached down and touched my penis. It was still damp from the BJ. For whatever reason, I inserted one of my fingers in my mouth and licked off the juice. I know that it was mainly his saliva and it would have been a very small amount of it at that. However, do you think that HIV could have been passed to me this way? No, I didn't see any blood but you generally don't ask for a dental check in a moment of passion. I didn't perform on him as we heard a car coming and had to leave. Any takers on this one? The BJ itself lasted a total of about 30 seconds. (dang car)

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
woody24
Unregistered

Re: Yes, another oral worry wort! new
      #139064 - 03/21/05 03:44 PM

Insertive oral is only considered a theoretical risk. I would say that you were at nil risk from this particular episode. Saliva is not considered to be infectious enough to transmit HIV in the manner in which you are describing.

regards

Woody

Anonymous
Unregistered

#139091 - 03/22/05 08:41 AM

Thanks woody! I appreciate the short and honest answer. Much thanks.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#139263 - 03/25/05 07:15 PM

I was wondering if anyone answered you oral worrying question as a person going down on me also has me worried I was checking out the info you got?? imax11@tmail.com

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1796

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3