Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

INCONCLUSIVE TEST RESULTS
      #139011 - 03/20/05 03:29 AM

QUESTION?? I HAD UNPROTECTED SEX ON JAN 1,2005 ABOUT 8 DAYS LATER I DEVELOPED A RASH OVER MY BODY. I WENT TO TEST AT THE LOCAL HEALTH DEPARTMENT BUT I JUST COULDN'T WAIT 2WEEKS FOR RESULTS SO I WENT TO MY DOCTOR AND TESTED. WELL THE HEALTH DEPARTMENT DIDN'T CALL ME (2WEEKS HAD PAST) BUT MY DOCTOR CALLED ME A TEST REACTIVE WESTERN BLOT INCONCLUSIVE??? ONE FAINT BAND FOUND ON P18 LOCATION. SO I TOLD MY FAMILY. THE NEXT DAY I WENT TO THE HEALTH DEPARTMENT TO DROP MY PARTNERS NAME BUT THEY TOLD ME THAT I TESTED NEGATIVE AND THAT I SHOULD GO GET A RAPID TEST DONE AT A CLINIC (NEGATIVE) MY DOCTOR TOLD ME TO COME IN FOR ANOTHER SCREENING (NEGATIVE) FOR TYPE ONE AND TWO. WHILE ALL OF THIS WAS GOING ON I FOUND OUT I WAS PREGNANT(S***). NONE OF MY TESTING WAS DONE AFTER THE WINDOW PERIOD. COULD IT BE THAT THE ONE TEST PICKED UP HIV AND THE OTHER TEST DIDN'T??? OR COULD IT HAVE BEEN DUE TO PREGNANCY?? WHAT IS P18 BAND???? CAN ANYONE ANSWER AND OF THESE QUESTIONS

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Woody24
Unregistered

Re: INCONCLUSIVE TEST RESULTS new
      #139014 - 03/20/05 08:18 AM

Well it sure must have been scary getting that first positive elisa/ inconclusive western blot. But from the sounds of it it was a false positive which was confirmed by the subsequent negative antibody tests that you had. Yours is certainly not an isolated incident amoungst pregant women. No one knows exactly why false positives can occur during pregancy but one source has suggested that an interfering substance can produce antibodies similar to those stimulated during HIV infection hence the reactive test. Subsequent negative tests however rule out HIV infection. I hope that this helps.

Regards

Woody

Anonymous
Unregistered

#139025 - 03/20/05 05:17 PM

It sounds to me like you did not wait long enough after the incident. You are suppose to wait 13 weeks for hiv antibody test. It sounds like its been 10-11 weeks since encounter. You could probably be tested now and it would be 95% conclusive. I would get a hiv dna pcr test now. If it is negative then you are probably 99% sure you are not infected. I dont think the antibody could show up that quick (8 days after sex) even a hiv dna pcr test could not pick it up to 13-14 days min. to 28 days. I will pray for you and hope it turns out ok. Let me know--------------------------Breathing

Anonymous
Unregistered

#139037 - 03/20/05 10:17 PM

You tested at 8 days that is not a real test. Forget the western blot test it was a false poz. Get any elisa test now you have waited long enough. be aware that being pregnat can cause a false poz.. If you are pregnat and have a good doc. they will order a dna/pcr test. that will tell you. Your risk is low and I would bet you are ok. Chill out you are more than likly neg.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1846

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3