Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Swollen lymph nodes EVERYWHERE = hopeless?
      #135309 - 03/03/05 03:52 AM

Please respond to this! I am 99.9% convinced that I have HIV ... is there any hope that these symptoms could be caused by anything else?

My symptoms: I found swollen lymph nodes running up either side of my neck (about five on each side). A few days later I found swollen nodes just above my collarbone, at the base of my neck. This TERRIFIED me because I have read that nodes RARELY swell at this location except in cases of HIV or cancer. A few days later many swollen nodes appeared in my groin area (the crease where my torso meets my thighs). Finally, a few days after that, the glands on the underside of my jaw swelled up, along with the glands directly below my ears.

I am PANICKING. I can't think of anything other than HIV that would cause swollen glands to appear in so many different places on my body. Can anyone offer me any hope? Could mono, some strain of herpes, or anything else be responsible for this?

And yes, there are two "incidents" I am concerned about. One occurred nine weeks before my symptoms started and the other occurred two weeks before my symptoms started.

With my symptoms, is there ANY hope that I am negative, or am I right to be 99.9% sure that I have HIV?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Swollen lymph nodes EVERYWHERE = hopeless? new
      #135370 - 03/03/05 08:36 AM

Hi

Wow slow down and relax man. Lots of things can cause swollen glands lots of things including stress.

You say you had 2 risks? Well after your last risk please test at 13 weeks later. Use a rapid HIV test for a conclusive result. You will have results in 10 mins

Please explain your risk?

Stop stressing

Dr John

Anonymous
Unregistered

#135388 - 03/03/05 04:47 PM

Try to calm down a bit if you can and when you get a chance call your doctor and schedule an appt. Tell him your symptoms and let him take it from there. Let him know about your sex history and concern of Sexual diseases. Dont forget there is a test that is 99% called HIV PCR DNA or HIV RNA PCR that are pretty damn conclusive at 4 weeks after sex. I know because I knew I had hiv (100% sure) I had at least 7 big symptoms and guess what I was negative. I also waited 13 weeks after sex to test again with HIV antibody test and then I waited 6 months and tested again HIV-1 and HIV-2 antibody to be 100% sure I was negative. I was negative. So the moral of the story is GET TESTED. Godd luck and I pray the outcome is ok.

Loral
Unregistered

#139472 - 03/31/05 01:46 PM

I have had the same symptoms, especially at the base of my neck on either side...like a tingling or burning...feels weird....
I am too scared to test...let me know what you find out. I have read too where that is either aids or cancer.

a couple of months ago I had sex with a guy and I let him cum in my butt....stupid..I know. He said he was HIV neg...but....

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 15191

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3