Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
rjasin123
Guardian

Reged: 01/27/04
Signing off thebody.com
      #134849 - 02/23/05 08:00 PM

Because this forum allows folks to simply start new threads, and reply to threads using Anonymous input, I am leaving here and spending more time on aidsmeds.com.

I simply don’t know if the “anon” I am answering on this forum is one person or a multiple person deceiving, manipulating and spamming us.

The structure on aidsmeds.com allows me to better serve the folks whom need help.

I hope the body fixes this forum. Good luck to all.

Jazz

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
shadow1
Legend

Reged: 12/06/00
Re: Signing off thebody.com new
      #134851 - 02/23/05 08:20 PM

That is why I have been so quiet Jazz, also that 75% of the posters know more than you and me because they have read on the internet. Just because I have been studying HIV/AIDS for many years and working with it, they all know more. Maybe they should go back to college and challenge all of the classes they need to get there doctorate, that is because they know so much more than us and probably there professors.

Peace out rabbit, see you on Aidsmeds every now and then, I have a chat room I am working with right now so I won’t be here answering, just seeing what is happening when I drop in.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Signing off thebody.com *DELETED* new
      #134855 - 02/23/05 09:19 PM

Post deleted by TheBody

Anonymous
Unregistered

#134858 - 02/23/05 09:44 PM

Jazz,

I'm sorry to hear that! You have personally helped me as a worried well on this site and I know plenty of others. I don't expect to change your mind but just wanted to say thanks for helping me with my personal demons.

The only problem with aidsmeds is that you have to register to post. When someone is at their wits end, they just need advice or help quickly. It's like the ora-quick test. We needed to come out with a test so quick because people couldn't wait a few days. I'm not saying it is right or wrong but I think some people won't ask questions on aidsmeds.com. Just like some people wouldn't get tested when they had to wait a few days.

Personally, I have been on the aidsmeds site and think it is wonderful. There are very knowledgable people on there.

Good luck and remember you do make a difference.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#134866 - 02/24/05 05:28 AM

Bummer to read this today. I agree with the last post saying anonymous can be a good thing. It is always nice to have options. Aidsmeds doesn't offer many options as you can have one name and you better stick to it or you are toast. They tend to be a little more judgemental over there and not always willing to be as helpful as this site. Both sites are great support systems with or without Jazz. There is something to be said about random acts of kindness and expecting nothing in return. Good luck to you and your insight will be missed on this site.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#134873 - 02/24/05 10:02 AM

As a person who has received help on both forums, I am NotSure on Aidsmeds.com. Registering isn't that big of a deal and you can absolutely remain anonymous. Who am I? Its been awhile since I have signed up on aidsmeds so I don't remember if it requires an email address. If it does and you don't give your email address out sign up for a second hotmail account that can keep you anonymous. Also just as a heads up(again I don't remember if a email was needed) I used my email address and have never received any emails from them which why I am guessing you woudn't want to give out your email. As far as quick answers, it doesn't get any quicker than aidsmeds, I should know. Oh yeah, thanks for helping me on this forum too Jazz.

IllinoisPoster
Unregistered

#134923 - 02/25/05 05:49 AM

Dear Friends:

You two have been very helpful to people in need of information--and given a lot of people hope. There are a lot of specifics that aren't covered with sex education; there are technicalities and theoretical possibilities and then there is reality. Some of the posters will contact HIV, others as you mention will not. But most of the people attracted to these message boards need help, and there are very real concerns and fears. Its understandable to be turned off by irrational and excess concerns. My suggestion is to ignore postings that cover issues you feel you have already addressed, and allow people to search through the archives. Thank you both!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#134943 - 02/25/05 06:34 PM

Oh gman don't go! We so appreciate you! And Jazz too! AIDS meds is not that much better!

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Signing off thebody.com *DELETED* new
      #134954 - 02/25/05 10:29 PM

Post deleted by TheBody

Monchhichi
Guru

Reged: 02/07/05
Loc: Florida
      #134959 - 02/26/05 12:39 AM

It is this type of comment that has made these good people leave. Hopefully we can all ignore this arrogance. I wish you both well and hope you will still pop in occasionally just to see that it will in time change with the help of everyone still here.

--------------------
Never forget: Life is too precious to take for granted.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#134989 - 02/27/05 11:02 AM

You've been advertising AIDSmeds. com for a long time...who cares. Go there! I don't think there is much difference between the two forums and there are many more people here!

Jessie
Guardian

Reged: 06/15/04
      #135024 - 02/27/05 11:53 PM

Jazz and G-Man ,

I will be sorry to see the both of you go...You both have no idea how much your experience with HIV has helped me since I was diagnosed last year..I went into the archives G-Man and read some of your stuff and as for Jazz, you had some GREAT info and encouraging words whenI was not feeling to sure of myself and had real concerns for the disease that I have...I thank you both truly for your love, support and concern when I mist needed a friend...

I will truly miss you as many others will as well, I am sure..I cant speak for others BUT I can speak for myself and you both will be missed...Thank you again for making me laugh whenall I could do was cry and giving me HOPE when I thought all was lost......Most Grateful......~Jessie~

HIV+ since 2-3-04
"While there is breath, there is hope". =)

Anonymous
Unregistered

The worst idiot is gone new
      #135116 - 03/02/05 04:04 PM

GOOD

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: The worst idiot is gone new
      #135135 - 03/02/05 09:09 PM

the body deleted my post where I said GOOD BYE POMPOUS ASS

the hence man rasin has left the building

someone open a window and air the room out now

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
2 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3046

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3